We currently have some exciting vacancies within the Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust which will allow the successful candidates to gain regular shifts and valuable experience within a unique environment. The Trust is recruiting for experienced Mental Health Nurses to provide support to the community services.
You will be working as part of a close and supportive team providing a proactive, responsive service based on identified health needs. You will be working in an environment where staff are committed to creating a culture where everyone has a voice and where service users and staff collaborate to have a direct positive impact.
Locations covered: Various within the Berkshire Healthcare Foundation Trust.
Band 5 – Example Rate
- Day Rate – £15.66 per hour
- Night/Sat Rate – £20.35 per hour
- Sun/Bank Holiday Rate – £25.05 per hour
Responsibilities of the post-holder:
- To work effectively individually and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- To be able to assess patients referred for care in order to develop a formulation of their problems
- To develop and maintain specialist knowledge of the Mental Health Act and the Mental Capacity Act
- To be responsible for the care of assigned patients and to manage, direct and evaluate their care in an effective manner
- To be able to communicate effectively with other professionals about issues relating to patients’ care.
- To escalate as required, reporting any incidents/accidents and ensuring they are recorded using the appropriate method
- Work closely with local authority colleagues
- Work collaboratively with other health care professionals and agencies ensuring a seamless delivery of services for patients
In return for your hard work and your professional, caring and reliable service you will have access to the following benefits:
- Competitive, weekly pay
- Access to the NHSP Stakeholder Pension
- Paid annual leave and statutory maternity pay
- Training and development opportunities
Registration with NHS Professionals is subject to employment history and reference checking and offers of registration are therefore conditional upon the receipt of satisfactory references.