- Full Time
Job Title and Grade: Registered Psychologist Band 7
Pay Rates: Days: £20.91 P/H Saturdays/Nights: £27.19 P/H Sunday/Bank Hols: £33.46 P/H
Trust: Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust
Are you a registered Psychologist? Would you like a role with stability? Would you like the opportunity to work at various sites across the county?
Registered Psychologist Band 7
Key Skills/Responsibilities: (Included but not limited to):
- Accountable for own professional actions and matters of clinical judgement, and contributes to the delivery and development of Psychological Interventions for people with mental health, psychological, and emotional needs, and their families, as agreed between Service/Team Managers and the Service Lead for Psychological Interventions.
- Carry a defined caseload of patients who have a varying range of severity and complexity of psychological issues and psychiatric disorders and provide support to their families and carers, as appropriate.
- Hold a direct clinical caseload, including specialist psychological assessments and formulations.
- Undertake the assessment, treatment and management of patients with psychological conditions and psychiatric disorders with a varying range of severity, complexity and aetiology, referred by health and social care professionals, as specified by the Team/Service Manager. Jointly work with staff from other health and social care services, where clinically appropriate, in connection with work with patients.
- Evaluate the appropriateness of referrals received, from a number of agreed sources, in consultation with clinical supervisor.
- Provide specialised psychological assessments, including psychometric assessments, which require training and expertise to acquire the necessary dexterity, accuracy and observational skills. Interpret complex psychological data from a variety of sources, including neuropsychological tests, psychometric tests and self-report measures, rating scales, structured observations and semi-structured interviews with patients, their relatives and others involved in their care.
- Develop and implement specialist interventions, which include psychological interventions and therapies, to individuals, couples, groups, families and care teams.
- Provide psychological therapy, where appropriate, making use of a variety of psychological models.
- Receive and actively participate in regular clinical supervision in accordance with good practice in order to maintain and develop skills.
- Adhere to relevant BPS Division of Clinical/Counselling Psychology codes of practice and guidelines for professional and chartered psychologists.
- Adhere to appropriate Confidentiality guidance from the Trust, the HCPC and the BPS with respect to considering issues of risk, supervision and safeguarding.
In order to apply for a post, youmusthave a Minimum of 6 months UK (Private or NHS) Psychology experience within the last 2 years and have a Valid HCPC Pin.
Benefits of working Bank
In return for your hard work commitment NHS Professionals (NHSP) can offer you some fantastic benefits:
- Competitive Pay Rates - work this week, get paid next week!
- Build holiday allowance for every shift you work
- Support when you need it 24/7 365 day Service Centre on 03332 407 552
- Stakeholder pension scheme
Who are NHS Professionals?
NHS Professionals (NHSP), owned by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), works in partnership with hospital trusts to provide a bank of highly skilled temporary workers who want to work flexibly within the NHS.
Working through the NHSP bank means Trusts do not have to rely on expensive agencies. Right now, we have over 130,000 members registered on our bank from various roles, grades, and specialities, saving the NHS over £70 million each year. This money is then reinvested back into the NHS.
For more information on the roles or details on how to join NHS Professionals, simply get in touch with Helenna Butler, Trust Recruitment Coordinator on 01905 681781 or [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion....
For more information about this vacancy press the 'Apply For Job' button.