Registered Nurse (RMN)
Salary £29,025.38 to £34,400.45
40 hours per week
Knowing that you’re making a difference to people’s lives is rewarding in itself. Would you like the opportunity to use your nursing skills in an environment like no other to make a real difference every day? Working within the prisons healthcare team you will be undertaking assessments and establishing the appropriate level of intervention, care and management of your patients. You will be working closely with Paramedics, HCA’s and non-clinical staff and have the opportunity to progress into more senior roles.
About our Site:
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
HMP Altcourse is a Category B local prison receiving sentenced and remand youngoffender and adult male prisoners from the courts in Merseyside, Cheshire and North Wales. The prison can accommodate 1,324 prisoners in safe custody.
At HMP Altcourse we are committed to providing the highest standards of healthcare to prisoners in our care. Our healthcare team is staffed 24 hours a day and is made up of qualified Nurses and Health Care Assistants.
- £1500 Golden Hello Bonus*
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- Access to Gympass – subsidised gym
- Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics )
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel supplier
Golden Hello- paid in 3 instalments: £500 month 1, month 12, month 24
Essential skills as a RMN:
- Part 1 NMC Registration
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
Desirable skills as a RMN:
- Evidence of further development of own clinical practice
- Experience of working within a secure environment
- Experience of long term conditions.
- Mental health assessment of common disorders.
For further information please email: [email protected]
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prisonclearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients). Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise.
Please Note: If you are successful at the interview you will be required to attend site within 7 working days for a vetting interview.