Who are we looking for?
We are looking for experienced Registered School Nurses to deliver and evaluate an efficient and cost effective School Nursing service for an identified school age population within a defined geographical school cluster.
A little about the Trust
Harrogate and District NHS Trust Trust provides a wide range of hospital-based and community services including two specialist regional services, in burns and spinal injuries, which are renowned across the North of England and beyond.
Located in the heart of Yorkshire, with beautiful countryside from the North Yorkshire Moors to the Yorkshire Dales, and easy access to city life with nearby Leeds and York, you can have the best of both worlds. The Trust also offers staff a car lease scheme, cycle scheme, and there is an onsite, high-quality nursery and holiday club facilities.
Pay Rates*: Days: £16.13 per hour Saturdays/Nights: £20.97 per hour Sunday/Bank Hols: £25.80 per hour
*Pay rates may vary depending on Trust, experience, any incentives that are running, and are subject to change.
Supporting our NHS
Not only are we with you, but were also helping to support our NHS. As winter draws ever closer, demand for additional support in our NHS is increasing. Everyones efforts are truly appreciated, whether you can work a small number of shifts or longer-term block bookings, we have a wide range of shifts through the bank available to suit you.
What will be your main responsibilities?
- Building resilience and improving emotional health and wellbeing as highlighted in Future in Mind, working closely with schools, parents and local services
- Keeping safe, managing risk and reducing harm - including child sexual abuse, domestic abuse and child exploitation
- Promoting healthy lifestyles - including reducing childhood obesity and increasing physical activity
- Maximising achievement and learning - helping children to realise their potential and reducing inequalities
- Supporting additional health needs - supporting Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) reforms
- Supporting transition and preparing for adulthood - aligning with the NHS Five Year Forward View (self-care and prevention agenda).
- Promote the needs of children with SEND, young people with SEND and their families in the development of community child health services.
- Demonstrate up-to-date research-based, clinically effective practice, ensuring awareness of current legislation, education and audit. Take responsibility for personal development and education in line with NMC revalidation requirements.
- Further responsibilities will be provided on application.
To apply for this post, you will/have:
- A minimum of 6 months paid experience in a similar role within the last 2 years
- Comply with NMC Professional Registration and keep up to date with current nursing practices
- Undertake nursing assessment and evaluation to enable development of appropriate plans of care based on the needs of the individual
- Be able to work under own initiative and without direct supervision
- Be proficient in the delivery of care to patients
- Ensure safe administration of drugs in accordance with NMC and CHS policies
- Ensure accurate records are kept in accordance with CHS policy and NMC guidelines
- Carry out nursing procedures and techniques in accordance with agreed policies and standards
- Undertake regular mandatory training*
*Depending on the Trust, you may require variable additional certification and skills.
In return for your hard work and commitment, NHS Professionals (NHSP) offers you some fantastic benefits:
- Competitive pay rates- work this week, get paid next week!
- First choice of shifts or placements at your Trust- access before they are made available to agency
- Varied working options to suit your lifestyle- access to the Bank gives you options of ad hoc shifts or fixed term placements
- Training and development opportunities
- Build holiday allowance for every shift you work
- Manage your shifts and timesheets on the go- access your -My Bank" shift portal anywhere, anytime online or through your smartphone
- Essential support when you need it - 24/7 365 days -Call us anytime
- Stakeholder pension scheme available
Who are NHS Professionals?
We are owned by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), running Englands largest NHS staff bank, with over 50 client Trusts. We specialise in flexible working, which means giving our members greater access to shifts, in line with their qualifications and training. Every year we help thousands of dedicated candidates and highly skilled NHS workers enjoy better career opportunities, access to more shifts and a healthier work-life balance, giving more choice and control to our members.
Right now, we have members across England registered on our bank from various roles, grades, and specialities, saving the NHS millions each year. This money is then reinvested back into the NHS to provide better patient care.
By joining us today, you can start looking forward to a choice of flexible Bank shifts across any of our client Trusts in England, as well as the ability to develop professionally and gain experience in a number of wards or areas....
For more information about this vacancy press the 'Apply For Job' button.