We have an exciting opportunity for aSenior Dosimetrist (Radiation Oncology)to join our Medical Physics team based at The London Clinic in Central London, W1G 6BW, with a salary range on offer of46,641-55,963.
The London Clinic has a supportive and warm working culture where your contribution is valued, and you can help us provide the best, personalised healthcare, and deliver our three core values of; Caring, Inspiring and Pioneering.
Established in 1932 and situatedin the heart of London’s medical community, The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest private hospitals, a non-profit organisation, dedicated to providing the best, personalised healthcare with a breadth of surgical and medical expertise.The radiotherapy service is located within the Duchess of Devonshire Wing at 22 Devonshire Place and has been operational for 10 years. Its External beam radiotherapy units, which are due for replacement, include a Varian Trilogy, Varian IX and an Accuray Cyberknife. Imaging support is provided by existing in-house dedicated CT Sim, 3T MRI, and PET/CT (including choline and PSMA). Treatment planning systems include Eclipse and Precision systems. Aria and MOSAIC record and verify patient management systems are used in this truly paperless treatment facility. Conformal radiotherapy, VMAT / IGRT, DIBH, SRS, SABR and CT planned TBI are offered. Dosimetry Check is performed for in-vivo first fraction measurements. Other services include a successful radionuclide therapy service including radium, SIRTEX and Lu177 PSMA for prostate as well as an IORT breast service for breast, colorectal and brain indications.
The senior dosimetrist will be responsible for creating high quality, individualised patient treatment plans. The post holder is required to coordinate with the multi-disciplinary team to ensure the efficient delivery of a patient care path.
- Job Type: This is a full-time, permanent position working 37.5 hours per week.
- Shifts:Monday to Friday
- Benefits package:
- Contributory pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%).
- Private Medical Healthcare.
- 33 day’s annual leave (Inclusive of bank holidays).
- Season ticket travel loan, family friendly benefits, and a wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers/services, plus much more.
- We also offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.
- Responsible for interaction with the consultant clinical oncology staff for patient-specific planning.
- Liaise with the therapist / radiographer staff to provide information and services needed to properly and efficiently treat patients.
- Provide dosimetry support for the remainder of the physics staff as required.
- Be familiar with the technical and clinical aspects of radiotherapy as delivered within the clinic.
- Bachelor’s degree in Radiography (Therapeutic) or related field
- Planning for radiotherapy with 4 years’ experience desirable
- Practical experience with a range of radiotherapy equipment and techniques
- Experience in IMRT, VMAT, IGRT and/or respiratory gating.
We are an organisation that has charitable status and this helps us to drive forward our mission of reinvesting our income to deliver better patient outcomes.
The London Clinic is proud of its diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We absolutely welcome applicants from underrepresented groups; if you think you have the skills and experience for the job, please apply – we would love to hear from you regardless of your background.