Do you have an appetite to be involved in the development of a new service which will promote mental health and emotional health well-being?
Somerset Foundation NHS Trust and the Somerset Clinical Commissioning Group are establishing an exciting new mental health and emotional wellbeing service to meet the needs of those young people who do not meet the criteria for Tier 2 services or Specialist CAMHS services.
The Tier 2 + team will comprise of:
- Clinical Lead x1
- Senior Mental Health Practitioners x 4
- Assistant Psychologists x2
- Support worker x 1
- Community Well Being Practitioners x 2
- Administrator x 1
Can you work well as part of a team and like the idea of partnership working which actively involves young people’s participation?
The team will work closely with the Mental Health Support Teams and CAMHS, whilst also forging important working relationships with key voluntary and statutory services.
The team will be responsible for offering clinical assessments and short term, evidence based interventions.
The team will also build on, and take forward, the work of the successful self injury pathway project and SHARE project, providing training to school based staff and other interested parties, in collaboration with young people’s participation groups and mental health champions within the school setting.
Would you like to feel supported and valued in your role?
As well as taking pride in caring for our service users, we also prioritise taking care of our employees! You will be part of a dynamic team who understand the challenges of working in a CAMHS team and the importance of supporting each other.
Would you like to work in one of the most desirable places within the UK?
Working here in Somerset, you can soak up all that the idyllic countryside has to offer with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone’s throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You get to experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan – there is truly something for everyone!
Is this the ideal role for you?
- These exciting new roles will be pivotal to ensuring that young people and their carers receive a comprehensive mental health service and that they receive a holistic assessment.
- You must be able to demonstrate that you are a team player as well as able to work autonomously.
- You will be expected to contribute actively to the development of this new service and be able to work effectively with the wider systems that young people are in contact with and also other clinically focused services such as MHST’s, Young Somerset and the CAMHS(in its wider sense).
- Currently there are discussions on going with the University of Exeter and CCG to gain support for the successful post holders to undertake the EMHP IAPT supervisors training.
- These posts are full time but consideration will given to candidates who would prefer part time = 30 hours.
If the sound of this role excites and interests you then please apply or contact Dave Smith (Senior Operational Service Manager, Early Intervention and Specialist CAMHS) [email protected] or 0300 1245012
For further details contact:
Job title Senior Operational Service Manager, Early Intervention and Specialist CAMHS
Email address [email protected]
Telephone number 0300 1245012