Senior MRI Radiographer
- Full Time
- South Bank
Salary: £32,000 - £36,000 depending on experience
InHealth sees more than 3 million patients each year and diagnostic imaging is one of the busiest services that we provide. Our fully integrated imaging services offer increased capacity for NHS trusts and convenient, fast access to services for patients.
We are looking for a Senior MRI Radiographer to join our Radiology department in Waterloo.
Our Radiographers work 12-hour shifts as most of our sites operate from 7:30am to 8pm or similar. For this post we can consider either full or part-time applications, so it's up to you if you would like to do 1,2 or 3 long shifts across a rota from Monday to Sunday.
What are the key responsibilities of the Radiographer’s role?
- Carry out magnetic resonance imaging procedures to best practice standards of radiographic technique (MHRA Guidance 2015, IR(ME)R 2017, Code of Clinical Practice)
- Provide a great experience for patients attending for MRI scanning, supporting them through the process from referral to results
- Run quality assurance checks on equipment and action as appropriate
- Respect and work within patient’s and service users’ customs, values and spiritual beliefs, making sure their views are sought and taken into account
- Perform triage functions of referrals, as required
- Support patient bookings and make sure Patient Information Systems are maintained with accurate and up-to-date information
- Assist placement students and other colleagues in the achievement of their learning outcomes
- Complete competency assessments
What skills and experience will you need to apply?
- BSc Radiography or equivalent and professional experience of MRI scanning
- Expertise to ensure the appropriate triage, booking and examination of patients
- A high level of professionalism and technical standard of work, complying with relevant Codes of Practice
- Member of an appropriate professional body and to hold a valid registration (HCPC)
- Proven knowledge of the requirements of an MRI radiographer’s role in the care of patients, their visitors and carers, and to colleagues
- A flexible approach to work, with the ability to work across 7 days
What can we offer you?
We offer a fantastic benefits package, which is available through a mobile-enabled rewards platform, called InJoy. This is your place to access thousands of offers and discounts on a wide range of products and services relating to: travel, eating out, technology, fashion, leisure and more!
In addition to this, we also offer:
- Private medical insurance
- 27 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Access to a 24/7 employee assistance programme
- Life assurance
- and more!
Making sure our people are happy at work is one of our main priorities, which means giving them as many opportunities as we can to support their personal and professional growth. We also have an innovative approach to personal and professional development, helping you to be the best version of you and giving you a real career pathway....
For more information about this vacancy press the 'Apply For Job' button.