Slit Lamp Examiner (Full or Part-Time)
- Part Time
- Bury Saint Edmunds
This is a full or part time position based in East Anglia paying 40,000 - 45,000 FTE!
For over 15 years, InHealth Intelligence has been and continues to be a proud supporter of the Diabetic Eye Screening Programmes across NHS England. Since 2004 InHealth Intelligence has grown to offer fully managed services in East Anglia, Essex, North West London, Hampshire, Dorset, Berkshire, Devon, Manchester, Kent and Bristol, North Summerset and Gloucestershire, and to increase efficiency, we built our own software system!
Due to our growth, we are looking for an experienced screener/grader, optometrist or ophthalmologist who has experience with Slit Lamp Bio-Microscopy to offer services to patients who are unable to have their retina screened by our standard Canon Equipment and to train colleagues to ensure we are operating at best practice.
- Maintain the highest standards of patient care and service delivery as well as maintaining fully compliant with the Data Protection Act
- Manage clinics in a variety of community-based settings
- Where applicable, identify risks to patient wellbeing and report immediately to the Programme Manager
- Identify any patients requiring urgent referral at the time of their appointment
- Provide first, second, arbitration, Digital Surveillance and Referral Outcome Grading
- Maintain sufficient stocks of consumables and of the prescribed medication
- Read, understand and follow all the Retinal Screening Protocols concerned with the screening and grading of patients
- Ensure all complaints, comments and compliments received, are logged and forwarded to the Programme Manager
- Attend and fully participate in meetings regarding training, quality assurance, annual Personal Development Reviews
- Complete all mandatory training e.g. First Aid, Information Governance
- Undertake a minimum 100 SLBE grades per annum as per National Guidance; minimum 500/1000 digital grading per annum and carry out the on-line EQA grading tests each month.
To succeed in this role, you will
- Be compassionate and empathic towards the requirements of each individual patient
- Possess the ability to think quickly and resolve problems
- Be flexible and willing to operate out of multiple community sites and work some weekends
- Committed to on-going personal development by keeping up to date with mandatory training
- Have a minimum of 12 months experience of using slit lamps in diabetic clinics
- Ideally have completed your Diabetic Retinopathy Screening Diploma or Level 3 Diploma for Health Screeners
For more information about this vacancy press the 'Apply For Job' button.