Are you a skilled and enthusiastic Social Worker seeking a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Social Worker to join our team at Cygnet Hospital Woking.
Cygnet Hospital Woking offers a range of secure mental health services for men and women. Cygnet Lodge Woking, our sister hospital close by, provides a high dependency inpatient rehabilitation service for men and extends our care pathway.
- You’ll be working 37.5 hours a week alongside a team of experienced Social Workers with an emphasis on patient contact and face-to-face work with individuals.
- Work in partnership with service users, their families and other stakeholders to support patient’s progress through their treatment pathway
- Ensure that patients and their families/carers are aware of their legal rights
- Take a lead role in safeguarding within the multidisciplinary team
- Forge links and maintain contact with external agencies
- Lead on assessing and supporting the social care needs of patients
- Provide written reports to the Mental Health Review Tribunal, Hospital Managers , and other key professionals
- To work on all four wards at Cygnet Woking Hospital which include Female PICU, Women’s High Dependency, Women’s Low secure and Low secure for Men. You will also work alongside the service users at Cygnet Lodge Woking.
- Registered as a Social Worker with Social Work England and have a relevant Social Work qualification
- Experienced in working in a mental health setting, or passionate about working in this field
- Highly knowledgeable of the Care Act, Mental Health Act and Mental Capacity Act, as well as
- GDPR and patient confidentiality
- Able to confidently apply the principles of safeguarding adults in practise
- One years’ experience working as a Social Worker
- An excellent communicator with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Skilled in report writing with excellent literacy skills and attention to detail
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Salary of up to £32,000 per annum
- Monthly reflective practice, expert supervision & peer support
- Free car parking or a shuttle service to Woking train station
- Free Lunch
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to Work” scheme, & excellent employee discount savings.