Specialist Pharmacist - Critical Care and Surgery
- Full Time
Have you got an interest in pursuing an advanced clinical pharmacy career? Do you have experience in critical care and surgery? Do you relish being part of an innovative clinical pharmacy team at a nationally respected teaching trust?
We are currently recruiting for a specialist clinical pharmacist to join our critical care and surgery team which includes working in our expanding critical care unit of 48 beds. This is a permanent position where the post holder will develop as both a patient-facing clinician and a clinical leader within adult services. Our department focuses on developing clinical services through both innovation and collaboration with patient-focused medicines at the heart of everything we do.
Your day to day duties will include but may not be limited to:
- Providing pharmaceutical expertise and advice to adult critical care areas daily
- Leading on all pharmaceutical issues for our 4 bedded surgical high dependency unit
- Collaborating with the lead pharmacists on a variety of projects across critical care and surgical directorates
- Leading the pharmacy surgical team
- Providing pharmaceutical teaching to a range of healthcare professionals
The ideal candidate will:
- Use strong communication skills to discuss therapeutic options and decisions with physicians
- Show a compassionate approach to individual patient care
- Exhibit good leadership skills in a small team
- Be proactive in looking for quality improvement opportunities
- Continuously develop with support from lead pharmacists
In reward for your hard work and dedication we offer:
- 27 days holiday allowance + Bank Holidays (increasing to 33 with years of service)
- Support with ongoing training and development including prescribing (if needed), an introduction to leadership skills and other educational opportunities
- Clinical supervision and professional development from a team of highly experienced specialist pharmacists
- Industry leading pension scheme
- Access to a multitude of discounts in local and national companies
University Hospitals Bristol is at the forefront of clinical informatics and is a Global Digital Exemplar. The hospital is situated in the centre of a vibrant and buzzing city, well known for its restaurants, culture, harbour side and sporting activities balanced by easy access to the motorway network and airport links.
We will be excited to hear from you.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Ya-Hui Liang Critical Care Pharmacist [email protected] 0117 342 2718
Glen Cooper -Lead Surgical Pharmacist and Practice Educator ([email protected])...
For more information about this vacancy press the 'Apply For Job' button.