Specialty Doctor – Mental Health with Learning Disabilities
Salary: Up to £90,000 pro rata (Depending on experience), including 1:7 on calls
Hours: Part-time (3 days per week)
Location: Colchester, CO4 5HF
Are you an outstanding Specialty or Associate Specialist Doctor looking for your next challenge in psychiatry – and a competitive salary?
With us, you’ll have the opportunity to progress your career to Consultant level through our prestigious CESR programme.
We have an opportunity for a part-time Specialty Doctor to shape services at Cygnet Hospital Colchester – while being fully supported by a Consultant Psychiatrist and first-class multidisciplinary team.
This role provides psychiatric care to 14 patients across two wards, Oak and Larch Court. Oak Court has 10 beds and provides dedicated and person centred support to men with a learning disability, associated complex needs and behaviours that challenge, who are at different stages of their care pathway. Larch Court has four beds and provides intensive support for men with autism, learning disabilities and complex needs.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
Your role responsibilities…
- Provide high quality treatment under the direction of a Consultant Psychiatrist
- Assess referrals & undertake mental state examinations of service users
- Participate in weekly ward rounds & attend multidisciplinary meetings
- Attend Care Programme Approach & Section 117 meetings & mental health review tribunals
- Provide up-to-date clinical information at all meetings
- Ensure that medical decisions are implemented as planned
- Audit medical services & ensure compliance with GMC & other professional guidelines
- Uphold policies & procedures and contribute to service governance & development
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Salary up to £90,000 pro rata (depending on experience)
- Generous exam & study leave to attend CPD opportunities, conferences etc
- Monthly CPD grand rounds where you’ll attend educational meetings & have the opportunity to meet psychiatrists from across the region
- Financial support for further training & personal development
- Appraisal & peer supervision
- Company paid life assurance scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the NHS Discount Scheme
- Free meals on duty & cycle to work scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit, providing fitness programmes, nutrition consultation & health checks
We are looking for someone who is…
- Fully GMC registered & MBBS (or equivalent) qualified
- Experienced within a mental health setting
- Recent experience in LD Psychiatry and knowledge of current issues in LD/Autism.
- Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Knowledgeable of mental health legislation & codes of practice
- An excellent clinical decision maker, with sound judgement & ability to manage risk
- A first-rate communicator who can interview, assess & treat patients & write clear, comprehensive medical notes
- Committed to continued professional development
- Preferably approved under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act & a member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists, or equivalent
Our CESR Programme
This programme will help you develop the skills you need to progress to Consultant level – and you’ll rotate within wards/services to gain valuable experience across various subspecialties.
You’ll also have an educational supervisor to review your progress and oversee your development – and you’ll receive support with MRCPsych exams.
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes. Our expert care enables thousands of individuals to consistently make a positive difference to their lives.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the link to apply.