THIS POST IS FIXED TERM/SECONDMENT FOR 12 MONTHS TO MEET THE NEEDS OF THE SERVICE.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR THE SECONDMENT POSITION, YOU MUST OBTAIN PERMISSION FROM YOUR CURRENT LINE MANAGER PRIOR TO APPLYING FOR THIS POST.
The Paediatric Speech and Language Therapy department in the Central Area of Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (Conwy and Denbighshire) have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Band 4 Speech and Language Therapy Assistant to join the team. This post is for a fixed term of 12 months. The ability to speak Welsh is essential for this post.
The post holder will be instrumental in supporting our school-aged services. Experience of working with children and young people in a range of settings is desirable for this role.
The successful applicant will have excellent time and caseload management skills, as well as an ability to build a strong rapport with parents and the wider workforce. They will demonstrate the ability to work effectively with colleagues.
- You will work independently under the direct supervision of Speech and Language Therapists working in our school-aged service.
- You will deliver a range of delegated therapy programmes both individually and in groups to children with a range of speech, language and communication needs.
- You will deliver therapy in a variety of school settings across both Conwy and Denbighshire.
- You will appropriately modify approaches within programmes to meet the individual needs of pupils and develop appropriate and engaging individual and group activities.
- You will also be involved in delivering training for education staff e.g. training on individual therapy plans, narrative therapy and social skills groups.
- You will develop and create appropriate therapy activities and resources for therapy blocks, for SLT’s and for parents and education staff.
- You will be required to create and prepare therapy resources and to support with other administrative tasks e.g. photocopying, filing, completion of audits/checklists, ordering equipment. This will be carried out in consultation with and under the supervision of a Speech and Language Therapist
- You will communicate with parents during therapy blocks to provide feedback about their child’s progress.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team, to build a strong rapport and work effectively with colleagues.
- Experience of working with children and young people with speech, language and communication needs.
- Experience of working with children in school-based settings.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- The ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service
What we can offer you:
- Regular supervision – you will receive regular management supervision with your Team Leader and regular caseload meetings with any SLT’s working with you.
- Peer supervision – we have a number of dynamic and motivated Speech and Language Therapy Assistants within our team who will offer support and guidance.
- In-house training with a number of learning and development opportunities.
- A highly supportive team with a strong commitment to the wellbeing of our staff team.
The ability to speak Welsh is essential for this post.
For further details contact:
Fiona Lloyd, Clinical Team Leader for Conwy Education – 07919302359
Catrin Phillips, Clinical Team Leader for Denbighshire Education – 07557083480
Closing Date: 27/01/2021