37.5 hours per week – permanent.
We are looking for a skilled, compassionate and caring Registered Nurse to join out multi-disciplinary team at Plym Bridge House inpatient unit. You will need to be committed to providing care of the highest quality to the young people we support.
You will need to have a passion for working with young people with mental health needs including PTSD related to recent and/or current trauma, psychosis, anorexia nervosa and other non-specific eating disorders as well as depression, anxiety and OCD.
Candidates will need to possess excellent communication skills as you will be working alongside other professionals, families and carers. The successful candidate will work in an established MDT team and support the team as a whole in the delivery of therapeutic programmes and plans of care.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a regionally respected team who engage in rewarding and intensive work with the most complex and challenging young people, offering you the opportunity to make a real difference to their lives in the present and for their future.
We can offer you a positive and supportive environment to work in, with excellent support from the senior management team and colleagues. This includes in-house bespoke training relating directly to CAMHS and inpatient care as well as the chance to engage in further training in Positive behaviour support. We are also able to provide you with further development opportunities to enable you to progress to a future band 6 role should one become available.
We are also able to consider Children and Learning Disability Nurses depending on your experience.
The service is part of the broader Plymouth Children, Young People and Families Services
Livewell Southwest values its staff and makes investment in their development a priority. Currently we offer the following development opportunities for staff:
- A minimum of three days protected CPD for registered staff
- Development pathways for unregistered staff from apprentice to bands 2, 3 and 4 and for registered staff in bands 5, 6, 7 and 8
- Leadership programmes
- Coaching and mentoring
- Medicines Management, leg Ulcer Management and Assessment Training
- Access and funding for training including Care Certificate, Assistant Practitioners Course and Scholarship Into Nurse Training
- Robust Preceptorship
- An induction programme tailored to your needs
- Relocation package may be considered for the right candidate for certain roles
Rewards and benefits
- Discounts available from retailers, UK hotels and main attractions – often up to 15% savings
- NHS Pension Scheme and competitive Pension Scheme with Scottish Widows and/or Government Pension scheme (conditions apply)
- Lease car scheme (available after satisfactory completion of probation/conditions apply)
- Cycle to work scheme (available after satisfactory completion of probation)
- Childcare vouchers
- School holiday childcare subsidies
- Multiple flexible working options
Livewell Southwest can allow existing members of the NHS Pension Scheme to continue their membership when they join the organisation.
All Livewell Southwest staff are expected to able and willing to work across a 7 day service.
Job share(s) considered.