About The Role
Cedar Bungalows in Hothfield is a new service supporting individuals with learning disabilities within their own bungalow home, 24 hours a day. Cedar Bungalows is set within 12 acres of beautiful grounds surrounding Hothfield Brain Injury, Rehabilitation and Neurological Care Centre and located 3 miles from Ashford.
We are looking for a Support Workers to join the team to
- To assist nursing staff in providing high quality individualised care to a clearly defined group of patients / residents, relatives and carers.
- To work and act as a key member of the team, supporting each patient / resident in achievement of their planned outcomes
With regular supervision and support from nursing staff
- To assist the nursing team with the assessment of individual patient / resident needs, planning, delivery and evaluation of care for a number of individuals or groups of patients / residents, including following the clinical risk assessment plan.
- To exercise a reasonable and agreed degree of professional autonomy and make judgements and decisions in order to satisfy the expectations and demands of the job.
- To undertake clinical work related tasks as delegated by senior nursing staff, following appropriate training and assessment of competency.
- To undertake clinical supervision to further develop competence and clinical practice.
- To liaise effectively with all stakeholders in the care process, including carers and relatives, aspiring to provide an effective, seamless and integrated service to patients / residents.
- To maintain accurate, legible records of care provided, based upon the care plan incorporating all relevant communication and liaison.
- To maintain and update relevant knowledge and skills, maintain a professional portfolio and participate in further training as appropriate, in order to enhance quality of care for patients / residents and carers.
- To comply with the Huntercombe Group Health and Safety Policies and Protocols in order to contribute to safe working practices.
- To protect vulnerable adults / children from internal/external elements and act as a Patient / resident Advocate.
We are looking for full / part time or Bank staff. The salary is £8.82 per hour.
Please take a look at our progressive and rewarding benefits package
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
• Maternity leave at 3 month’s full pay and 3 month’s half pay
• 2 week’s paid paternity leave
• Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
• A thorough Induction Programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
• Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
•Generous annual leave entitlement
• Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
• The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme with up to 3% matching contributions
• Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
• A range of staff discounts
• Opportunity to train to become a nurse through our ‘grow our own’ nurses programme
We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of ethnic origin, gender, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability or social background. This is a great opportunity for someone to make a difference.
For a more detailed job spec please take a look at our Website where you can also read some inspiring stories and find out why working at Huntercombe really sets us apart from the rest.
About The Company
Huntercombe Group are one the leading specialist healthcare providers, with hospital and centres throughout England and Scotland, delivering wide ranging services in adult mental health and learning disabilities, specialist brain injury, child and adult mental health services (CAMHS) including eating disorders and social care for children with special needs.
Our aspiration is to nurture the world, one person at a time and that’s why everything we do is designed to provide the best care and recovery for our patients and residents.
We’re proud to have recruited some of the most experienced doctors, nurses and therapists in their fields and alongside our supportive stable Management structure we hope that it’s you that can help make a difference to our excellent teams and workforce.