- Full Time
NHS Professionals in partnership with University Hospital Plymouth are recruting for:
Drivers (temporary placements & Ad Hoc Shifts)
University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust
Locations covered: Plymouth and surrounding areas
Day rate - £9.62 per hour
Night rate - £12.99 per hour
We have various departments looking for Drivers to join the bank to help fill placements and Ad Hoc Shifts. These can include the Incinerator, Courier Service, Blood Bank and Vaccine Hubs.
NHS Professionals manages the temporary staffing needs of around 60 NHS Trusts across England. An integral part of the NHS, it aims to reduce trusts’ spending on flexible workers without compromising quality, by providing greater transparency of demand and supplying bank staff at the best possible rate. Its bank of more than 40,000 flexible workers comprises general and specialist nurses, doctors, midwives, admin/clerical, allied health professionals, healthcare scientists, support services among other healthcare professionals.
Working as a Driver on the bank your responsibilities will be:
- Collection of customer’s waste/materials/general transport duties
- Responsible for ensuring full compliance with all legislation
- Responsible for the health, safety and welfare of yourself, other employees, agency workers, contractors, customers and visitors entering this site and other locations.
- Flexibility to cover driving duties
- Maintaining the cleanliness of all working areas.
- Carrying out other tasks within your operational abilities as and when required.
- Ability to help in maintenance matters to assist the foreman in hot and dusty conditions within safety boundaries provided by Company.
- Using forklift to assist in Plant efficiency and tidiness (if qualified)
- Use correct Manual handling procedures when required. (training will be given)
- Responsible for completing all the daily checks on machinery and reporting any issues/defects using the correct procedures (defect log books).
- Responsible for the cleanliness and condition of trust machinery and equipment at all times.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Fork lift licence (not essential)
- Knowledge of local area and to be able to follow routes.
- Reasonable keyboard and computer skills
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
- Customer Focus
- Communication skills
In return for your hard work and your professional, caring and reliable service you will have access to the following benefits:
- competitive, weekly pay
- access to the NHSP Stakeholder Pension
- paid annual leave, statutory maternity pay (subject to qualifying criteria)
- training and development opportunities
- access to our very own pensions scheme called ‘NHSP Stakeholder pension’
Please note that you will be contacted via email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails regularly.
We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion....
For more information about this vacancy press the 'Apply For Job' button.