Therapy Assistant (Senior) - Band 4
- Full Time
Job Title and Grade: Therapy Assistant (Senior) - Band 4
Location/Trust: North Manchester General Hospital
Department Covered: AHPs Frailty - Band 4 Therapy Assistant
Placement Ref/ID: 46106
We have an urgent long term placement opportunity for Therapy Assistant (Senior) - Band 4 available at North Manchester General Hospital
North Manchester General Hospital is a large NHS hospital in Crumpsall in the north of the English city of Manchester. It is operated by Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust on behalf of the Northern Care Alliance NHS Group. There is an accident and emergency unit, together with a maternity unit, high dependency unit and a mental health wing.
- The post holder will be required to carry out occasional physical effort in accordance with manual handling recommendations e.g., re-positioning patients
- The post holder will at times be exposed to distressing and occasional highly distressing and emotional circumstances, caring for patients with life limiting conditions
- To exert frequent concentration and listening where the work pattern is unpredictable e.g., dealing with clients with communication impairment and dealing with unpredictable patient / relative behaviours
- Frequent exposure to unpleasant working conditions/hazards e.g., uncontainable body fluids, physical and verbal aggression
- To provide autonomous assessments and interventions, for own designated caseload of patients, who have routine clinical needs that follow agreed pathways of treatment.
- To support patients with more complex needs with supervision and direction from qualified therapist.
- To undertake administrative and stock control duties as requested to support the allied health professional services
To apply for this post, you will:
- NHS Experience
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- Ability to work over 7 days
- GCSE English or equivalent
- Therapy experience, admin experience
- Knowledge of therapy assessments and interventions
- At least 1 year patient related experience in a health or social care service
- Ability to work without supervision using own initiative while appreciating the need to consult qualified staff in appropriate circumstances
- To comprehend and work within the Trusts policies of data protection, confidentiality, equal opportunities and Health and Safety to meet the differing needs of the patient
The post holder will:
- Attend and effectively contribute to regular meetings, including:
- monthly speciality team meetings
- champions update meetings
- monthly staff meeting
- Ensure effective and defensible documentation to professional and Trust standards
- Promote a positive and efficient image of the service within own and wider team
- Provide effective advice, information and support for patients and carers
- Ensure staff, patients and carers are aware of the role of allied health professionals within own specialty area
- Overcome barriers to communication by altering style and format
In return for your hard work commitment NHS Professionals (NHSP) can offer you some fantastic benefits:
- Competitive Pay Rates - work this week, get paid next week!
- First choice of placements at over 50 NHS Trusts in England
- Dedicated consultants
- Flexible working options
- Free DBS and free training
- Build holiday allowance
- Support when you need it 24/7 365 days Call us anytime on 03330 144 370
- Stakeholder pension scheme
Who are NHS Professionals?
NHS Professionals (NHSP), owned by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), works in partnership with hospital trusts to provide a bank of highly skilled temporary workers who want to work flexibly within the NHS.
Working through the NHSP bank means Trusts don’t have to rely on expensive agencies. Right now, we have over 130,000 members registered on our bank from various roles, grades, and specialities, saving the NHS over £70 million each year. This money is then reinvested back into the NHS.
For more information on the roles or details on how to join NHS Professionals, simply get in touch with , on <0144 290 2002> or [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion....
For more information about this vacancy press the 'Apply For Job' button.