NHS Professionals Trainee Care Support Worker Programme at Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust
Looking to kickstart a career with the NHS?
This is fantastic opportunity to work at Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust to provide Acute Mental Health services for people of all ages. Working at the trust is fast paced, filled with new challenges and opportunities. Each employee comes from many different walks of life but shares a common approach and mission.
Location of Placements:
We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic individuals who would like to gain highly sought after NHS experience in the areas of Mental Health including Adult Acute Inpatient Wards, Recovery Units and Older Adult Mental Health Inpatients Wards – Inpatient & Recovery; who have an interest in starting a career in healthcare.
Our Care Support Worker Development (CSWD) programme is your point of entry into the NHS. We offer a unique opportunity to learn on the job. Candidates who do not have any past experience working in the care field will be partaking in a 6 month programme. However candidates who have a minimum of 3 months experience working in care within the last 3 years will be partaking in a 3 month programme. Completing this programme will help you build and develop the key skills and gain the qualifications required to become a Care Support Worker (CSW), all whilst receiving weekly pay, paid annual leave and all the other great benefits NHS Professionals offers our bank members. Once you have successfully completed the programme you will be able to work flexibly at any of our partner Trusts.
Successful applicants must be able to commit to the following:
• 30 hours per week for 6 or 3 months
• Attendance of FREE, 6 day, classroom training in Worcester
• First weeks shifts are a supervised placement, currently paid at National Living Wage
• Placement on a 6 month shift rota or a 3 month shift rota
If you meet the above criteria and are able to commit to the minimum required hours and be fully flexible during the initial programme we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please complete the online registration process. We are keen to get your application processed as quickly as you are so to help with this, please ensure that:
- you give full details of references for all jobs you have held in the last 3 years, personal references are not acceptable – NHS Professionals do not accept personal email addresses such as Hotmail, Yahoo etc. or mobile numbers
- you provide full business details of your employment history covering as a minimum the last 3 years, where there are any gaps in your work history please detail the reason for these i.e. studying or unemployed
Please note that we will contact you during the recruitment process via email, so please check your emails regularly.
Interviews will be held on: 17th December 2020
Classroom training will be: 25th to 30th January 2021 (6 days) Including Breakaway
Planned start date of placements: March 2021 (Dependant on the completion of your pre-employment Checks)
On successful completion, you will be placed on either a 6 month shift rota or a 3 month shift rota (dependant on your previous experience).
Hours: 30 hours per week for 6 or 3 months (earlies, late’s long days and nights pro rata. 7 days a week)
Salary during programme: Days 8.72 – Nights / Saturday 12.46 – Sunday / Bank Holiday 16.13
Once you have completed the programme
Once you have completed your development period, you take a knowledge-based assessment on the Care Certificate 15 Standards, once passed, you can work as a CSW for the Trust at any of their locations, and at any of NHS Professionals partner Trusts, through the bank. Being a bank member with NHS Professionals means you will receive the following benefits:
- Competitive Pay Rates – work this week, get paid next week!
- First choice of shifts– Access to shifts before they are available to agency
- Flexible working to suit your lifestyle – Take control of when you want to work.
- Build Annual Leave with every shift you work
- Book and manage your shifts on the go – Access shifts anywhere, anytime, online or through your smartphone
- Stakeholder pension scheme
We look forward to meeting you.