Social Worker - Assessment & Child Protection
- Nottinghamshire County Council
- Part Time
Whether you’re coming to work within one of our Assessment Teams, or joining one of our Child Protection Teams, you’ll find a great team environment, with opportunities to develop your social work career. Our strengths-based practice framework uses a restorative approach, putting relationships at the centre of our work - with children and families, and with each other.
In our recent workforce survey, staff told us that the top 3 factors that made their working experience positive were:
- Having a supportive team
- Having a supportive manager
- Having the option to work more flexibly, with a good work: life balance
In addition to this, we offer:
- Manageable caseloads
- Regular and effective supervision
- Mobile working
- Good levels of business and admin support
- Internal transfer scheme between teams
- A comprehensive range of CPD options, including links to local Universities
- Practice Consultants based in every social work team
- Leadership Development & Aspirant Managers Programme
- Potential to earn an extra £9,000 over 3 years when you join key frontline teams
- Up to £5,000 relocation package
- Excellent employee benefits
This investment in our workforce means that we are able to provide a quality, consistent, and professional service to communities in Nottinghamshire, with good outcomes being achieved for our children and young people.
Role outline: Assessment Team Social Worker
As a member of this service you will respond to a wide range of referrals passed on to the team from the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH). You will carry out Child and Family Assessments, and section 47 (Child Protection) enquiries. Your expert input will help decide whether a child is in need of help and / or in need of protection. Following your assessment and analysis you will help devise a multi-agency Child Protection Plan, multi-agency Child in Need Plan or make recommendations as to whether a Core Assessment is needed.
Role outline: District Child Protection Team Social Worker
Your role in this team will be varied working with children of all ages who are subject to a Child in Need Plan, Child Protection Plan or who have a Child and Family Assessment in place. You will work together with a range of agencies to manage and progress the child’s plan. You will be responsible for co-ordinating, monitoring and changing service provision as identified, with the aim of promoting positive change within the child’s home environment. You will respond to any identified risk with the support of your Team Manager and Social Work Practice Consultant.
So if you’d like to be part of our future workforce, and build your career with us, we’d like to hear from you.
This post carries an authorised user car allowance or a taxi service for disabled people.