Support Worker/ Care Assistant
- Radis Community Care
- Full Time
Radis Community Care have an exciting opportunity for a Support Worker to join our team based in our Supported Living Services in Reading RG30 area. and RG2
About the role
As a Support Worker you will be supporting individuals with PMLD (Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities). The role may include manual handling, medication administration, personal care, food preparation, household tasks, supporting individuals to keep in contact with family and friends, accessing the community and attending appointments.
We recognise each person as an individual and provide a unique service which is person centred and tailored to their needs. The role is to promote the individual’s independence, choice, dignity and respect by delivering the best standards of support. We offer people with PMLD a safe and secure home where they can live independently with the support they need.
Shifts and rates… (Waking nights) 9.30pm-7.30am, 7.30am-2.30pm, 2.30pm-9.30pm and alternate weekends.
The role is to promote resident’s independence, choice, dignity and respect by delivering the best standards of care.
Learning Disabilities experience prefered but not essential as training is given.
Benefits for the Role
- Mileage Allowance for Cars & Bikes
- Full or Part time hours available
- NEST Pension
- Free uniform and PPE
- Excellent career progression
- Fully structured support for all new starters available
- Full Out of Hours support
- full training, working towards Care Certificate, Dementia, End of life and other training courses.
- In-depth online & Office based training
- Paid Shadowing in the field
- You get paid by BACS every 4 weeks
- Refer a friend payment (Unlimited Payments) Subject to conditions
- We will pay for mandatory refresher training
Radis Community Care is an Equal Opportunities Employer that welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.
Established in 2001, Radis Community Care has grown to become a leading provider of community based social care and support for thousands of vulnerable adults and children in England and Wales, focused on supporting people to live independently in their own homes and part of their local communities.
We care for a range of service users including the elderly and for people with physical and/or learning disabilities. Tailored to meet our service user’s individual needs, our care ranges from brief daily visits to 24-hour live-in care and can either be short or long-term.