The Nags Head is located in the affluent village of Castle Donnington. The pub is situated on a main road, and is very close to East Midland’s airport, Donnington Racing Circuit and main transport links. The trading area is spread over three areas: lounge, bar and restaurant, all of which are in good decorative condition with great ambience. There is also a function room which is available for private parties and functions. There is car parking for 10 cars plus a large amount of available street parking adjacent to the pub. There is a lovely patio area to the front plus a small grassed area to the rear. The current offering is English/Mediterranean food but the pub would suit a variety of food offers. We are looking for an experienced food operator/s who can see and seize the opportunity presented by this well located and established site.
Key selling points for this site:
Affluent village location
Close to main transport links with a plethora of large businesses & local attractions
Private function room
Fantastic opportunity for a food focused operator to seize the opportunity
You can have the best of both worlds with our new and exciting Pillar Agreement. Support is key for this turnover-share agreement which shares the risk and the opportunities between both parties, creating a partnership and focus to give your guests a first-class experience. We share the net sales and some of the cost base building a deal that gives both parties a solid base to build and grow a profitable business.
• The option to leave your old life behind and be your own boss
• Live rent-free in the pub
• Marston’s will pay your utilities for you lighting, heating and water
• Between us we will agree the wet product range to support your food offer.
• You retain an agreed percentage of all income streams (net of VAT) and have full control over your food offer and accommodation (where applicable)
• Low ingoing costs
• Marston’s will take responsibility for all repairs and decoration both internal and external, (except the private residential accommodation).
• No service charge applies to this agreement
• Have your Broadband, cutting-edge EPOS system and online booking tools (where appropriate) supplied by Marston’s
• Fixtures and fittings would be owned by Marston’s
• Keep 50% of the profits from any gaming machines
• Offer the award-winning range of fantastic Marston’s beers, wines, spirits and minerals
• Have your drinks stock supplied and paid for by Marston’s
• Expert induction training plus on-going training and support from your dedicated Business Development Manager and support teams
Things to consider
You’ll need to put in a £5k deposit, plus legal fees and monies to cover your insuring obligations under the agreement (except building insurance, which we’ll pay for and recharge to you). You will also be responsible for payment of a service charge (for services provided by Marston’s). Also, you’ll want to start thinking about your team; taking care of paying them and all other employment matters. We’re on-hand to offer guidance as you plan your business overheads, like business rates (and your own residential Council Tax).
Before we all sign the agreement and see you heading into a whole new life, you will need to show us proof that you have taken independent financial advice from a suitably qualified accountant on your business plan and professional advice from a solicitor, in accordance with the requirements of the Pubs Code Regulations. And, of course, obtain your personal licence (which we’ll help with) and complete your induction training.
This is a five-year commitment, so you have plenty of time to build a successful business. However, if you do want to leave early, there is a break option in the agreement which entitles you to give six months’ notice to terminate.