Back to search

Self-Employed Pub Business Partner

Run A Pub

Job Description

The Griffin is a traditional, stone built country pub in Halifax which dates back to 1642. It boasts beautiful open fires and has a lovely village setting. There is a single bar serving two separate drinking areas & a separate dining room off the main bar area which can be used for private functions / meetings. There is lovely enclosed outside drinking area at the rear of the pub & two car parks holding around 15 cars in total. There are two high quality en-suite letting rooms. The successful candidates needs to get involved with local activities to put the pub at the heart of the community.
If youre looking for maximum freedom and the chance to run a business in your own way, a Marstons tenancy will allow you to really flex your creative muscles. This agreement is for the real entrepreneurial types, who have a bit of money to invest, some solid business skills and the vision to bring their dream to life. You can implement your own ideas and develop your own food offering. And, whilst youll be running your own business your way, you can still lean on the Marstons team for all the support you need. This is your chance to:
  • Take on a pub for three or five of the most exciting years of your career yet
  • Be your own boss and do things pretty much your own way
  • Offer the award-winning range of fantastic Marstons beers, wines, spirits and minerals
  • Keep 100% of the business profits
  • Put together your own menus and choose your own food
  • Keep 50% of profits from any gaming machines
  • Learn from the best, with brilliant induction training, not to mention on going training and support from your dedicated Business Development Manager, wholl help you make the most of the business
Things to consider This agreement offers the most independence, but also needs a bigger commitment from you. So youll need to put in a £5k security deposit or 25% of the annual rent, whichever is higher, plus pay your own rent (the yearly increase will be capped to the Retail Price Index) and cover your own legal fees. You will need to cover your own business insurance and also start thinking about your team; taking care of paying them and all other employment matters. Were on-hand to offer guidance as you plan your business overheads, like business rates, annual service charge, Council Tax and utility bills. Also, start thinking about any internal repairs and decoration youd like to do to bring the place up to standard and consigning to an annual decorating fund. Not to mention what fixtures, fittings and glassware youll get for your pub. Before we all sign the agreement and see you heading into a whole new life, youll just need to show us proof that youve had independent financial advice from an accountant and solicitor, as dictated by the Statutory Pub Code. And, of course, obtain your personal licence (which well help with) and complete your induction training.
Apply now

Good luck with your application