At Sanctuary Care, we believe in providing high quality care homes where people are looked after with the utmost dignity and respect. It goes without saying that kindness is what care is all about, so first and foremost, we carefully choose our staff for their kind and compassionate nature. We aim to care, nurture and enrich the lives of all in our family at Sanctuary Care, whether thats our staff, residents or family members.
Garside House Nursing Home, 131-151 Regency Street, Westminster, London, SW1P 4AH
£10.73 per hour
40 hours per week
Why work for us?
We spend so much time at work dont we, so our ethos at Sanctuary Care is to enrich the lives of both our residents and staff. Lets have some fun while were at work, support each other and work hard as a team. Theres loads of training and promotion opportunities available for those who want to pursue it and every day job satisfaction at Garside for all regardless of role.
Sanctuary Care has over 100 care homes and you can feel the difference a team makes the moment you step through one of our doors. The team at Garside is special and were looking for special people to join us. Become a part of it and apply for this role.
Where youll work
Garside House is set in the heart of the vibrant Pimlico area of Westminster, close to the Tate Britain gallery and the Vauxhall Bridge over the River Thames. As well as providing nursing and dementia care, the home has a suite where the nursing team provides rehabilitation for people who require wound care. Once they have recovered they are able to either return home to live independently or to a residential care home if they no longer require nursing care. As a multi-cultural nursing home, we also organise themed food-sampling events, with menus from across the globe, from Caribbean cuisine to Italian. Our residents follow many different religions and faiths, so we support them with visits to local churches, mosques and other places of worship, as well as hosting religious groups they would like to see within their home. Regular activities on offer include gentle exercise sessions, games, arts and crafts and themed activity nights. Our residents enjoy frequent visits from entertainers and groups from our local community.
Are you our next Activities Coordinator? Heres more about the role:
- First and foremost - we work together as a team to enrich our residents lives - lets support our colleagues too and have fun in the process
- Leisure and social activities are a really important part of the day - lets get creative and stuck in
- This is an exciting opportunity to really get to know our residents and provide them with a variety of stimulating activities that not only promote physical but also mental and social wellbeing
- The opportunities are endless in terms of what activities you could introduce and we would be interested to hear your ideas
- Its very simple - if we can be the best Activities Coordinator we can be by being kind and supportive in every way to our residents, their families and our colleagues, then were all doing a great job.
What skills do I need?
- Team work! A happy team, makes for happy residents and a happy home
- Experience is not essential, as we will support you with all the training and support youll need to do the job, what is important is that you are caring, enthusiastic and have energy to share
- Being able to communicate well is essential along with a flexible approach
- You will also be kind and have a real genuine like for older people and their needs, ensuring we treat everyone with the respect and dignity they deserve.
Benefits and rewards
We know you work so hard and being the best Activities Coordinator you can be needs to be rewarded. We are very proud to offer the following:
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Life assurance
- CQC performance bonus
- Overtime enhancement
- Occupational sick pay after qualifying period
- Season ticket loan available (Oystercard) (only for London and Westminster Homes)
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Refer a friend scheme with payment of up to £500 available
- Contributory pension from Sanctuary Care
- Access to a free 24/7 support service providing support including legal, financial, emotional and medical advice
- Discounts on shopping, holidays, cinema, dining, days out and much more via My Rewards
- Criminal Records Checks are funded by Sanctuary Care.
We hope you feel you could be our next team member.
Job Reference: 171663
Closing date: 20 May 2022
We might get a lot of applications so reserve the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time. Dont miss out, please apply early.
Building Equality and Diversity
Sanctuary Group encourages and welcomes applications from people from diverse backgrounds to support our commitment to offering an inclusive environment for our employees and customers. We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for. Sanctuary Care Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.