At Sanctuary Care, we believe in providing high quality care homes where people are looked after with the utmost dignity and respect. It goes without saying that kindness is what care is all about, so first and foremost, we carefully choose our staff for their kind and compassionate nature. We aim to care, nurture and enrich the lives of all in our family at Sanctuary Care, whether thats our staff, residents or family members.
Fernihurst Nursing Home, 19 Douglas Avenue, Exmouth, Devon, EX8 2HA
£9.89to £10.10 per hour
Full and part time hours available
Various options available including; days, evenings, nights & alternate weekends
Benefits and rewards
We know you work so hard and being the best Care Assistant you can be needs to be rewarded. We are very proud to offer the following:
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Life assurance
- CQC performance bonus
- Overtime enhancement
- Occupational sick pay after qualifying period
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Refer a friend scheme with payment of up to £500 available
- Contributory pension from Sanctuary Care
- Access to a free 24/7 support service providing support including legal, financial, emotional and medical advice
- Discounts on shopping, holidays, cinema, dining, days out and much more via My Rewards
- Criminal Records Checks are funded by Sanctuary Care.
Why work for us?
We spend so much time at work dont we, so our ethos at Sanctuary Care is to enrich the lives of both our residents and staff. Lets have some fun while were at work, support each other and work hard as a team.
94% of our employees told us in a recent staff survey that they would recommend Sanctuary Care as a great place to work.
Theres loads of training and promotion opportunities available for those who want to pursue it and every day job satisfaction at Fernihurst all regardless of role.
Sanctuary Care has over 100 care homes and you can feel the difference a team makes the moment you step through one of our doors. The team at Fernihurst is special and were looking for special people to join us. Become a part of it and apply for this role.
Where youll work
Fernihurst is located in Exmouth, Devon and provides care for up to 50 residents who have complex nursing needs and residents who live with dementia. Fernihurst features a Namaste room which is a calm and tranquil retreat that promotes relaxation. Music therapy is also something our residents love and we are often joined by a lady from Singing for the Brain, an Alzheimers Society initiative which brings joy to people living with dementia. In the main garden, which is completely enclosed, we have wheelchair friendly pathways, as well as special sensory features for our residents living with dementia. When you walk past certain points in this garden the sounds of relaxing ocean waves and animal noises play through special sensors. This garden also has a water feature and a giant canopy which looks like the sails of a ship.
Are you our next Care Assistant? Heres more about the role:
- First and foremost - we work together as a team to enrich our residents lives - lets support our colleagues too and have fun in the process
- We give the highest quality of personalised care to our residents in line with their individual care plans
- Leisure and social activities are a really important part of the day - lets get stuck in
- Its very simple - if we can be the best Care Assistant we can be by being kind and supportive in every way to our residents, their families and our colleagues, then were all doing a great job.
What skills do I need?
- Team work! A happy team, makes for happy residents and a happy home
- Experience is not essential, as we will support you with all the training and support youll need to do the job, what is important is that you are caring, enthusiastic and have energy to share
- Being able to communicate well is essential along with a flexible approach
- Youll also be kind and have a real genuine like for older people and their needs, ensuring we treat everyone with the respect and dignity they deserve.
We hope you feel you could be our next team member.
Job Reference: 171002
Closing date: 18 May 2022
To apply please email your CV to [email protected]
We might get a lot of applications so reserve the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time. Dont miss out, please apply early.
Building Equality and Diversity
Sanctuary Group encourages and welcomes applications from people from diverse backgrounds to support our commitment to offering an inclusive environment for our employees and customers. We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for. Sanctuary Care Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.