At Sanctuary Care, we believe in providing high quality care homes where people are looked after with the utmost dignity and respect. It goes without saying that kindness is what care is all about, so first and foremost, we carefully choose our staff for their kind and compassionate nature. We aim to care, nurture and enrich the lives of all in our family at Sanctuary Care, whether thats our staff, residents or family members.
The team at Millport specialises in caring for adults with varied needs, including learning disabilities, mental health needs, autism spectrum disorder, cerebral palsy and downs syndrome. The care is so specialist that people come from far and wide.
The care centre could not be in a more picture-perfect location in North Ayrshire, 100m from the beautiful beach, with views across the sea. The team spends a lot of time taking the residents to places across the island, with plenty of picnics on the beach. There is a nearby community garden in the grounds of the garrison, where the home has raised beds which the residents take immense pride in maintaining. There is also a gym and coffee shops. With two minibuses at Millport, the residents are never short of places to visit and things to do.
Millport Care Centre, 19 George Street, Millport, Isle of Cumbrae
£10.50 per hour(Paid Ferry Pass and Paid Breaks)
Full and part time hours available - Various options available including days, evenings, nights & alternate weekends
Benefits and rewards
We know you work so hard and being the best Care Assistant, you can be needs to be rewarded. We are very proud to offer the following:
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Paid Ferry Pass and Paid Breaks
- Life assurance
- Care inspectorate performance bonus
- Overtime enhancement
- Occupational sick pay after qualifying period
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Refer a friend scheme with payment of up to £500 available
- Contributory pension from Sanctuary Care
- Access to a free 24/7 support service providing support including legal, financial, emotional, and medical advice
- Discounts on shopping, holidays, cinema, dining, days out and much more via My Rewards
- Criminal Records Checks are funded by Sanctuary Care.
94% of our employees told us in a recent staff survey that they would recommend Sanctuary Care as a great place to work.
What skills do I need?
- Teamwork! A happy team, makes for happy residents and a happy home
- Experience is not essential, as we will support you with all the training and support, youll need to do the job, what is important is that you are caring, enthusiastic and have energy to share
- Being able to communicate well is essential along with a flexible approach
- Youll also be kind and have a real genuine passion for supporting service users and their needs, ensuring we treat everyone with the respect and dignity they deserve.
We hope you feel you could be our next team member.
Closing date: 20 May2022
To apply please email your CV to [email protected]
We might get a lot of applications so reserve the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time. Dont miss out, please apply early.
Building Equality and Diversity
Sanctuary Group encourages and welcomes applications from people from diverse backgrounds to support our commitment to offering an inclusive environment for our employees and customers. We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for. Sanctuary Care Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.