At Sanctuary Care, we believe in providing high quality care homes where people are looked after with the utmost dignity and respect. It goes without saying that kindness is what care is all about, so first and foremost, we carefully choose our staff for their kind and compassionate nature. We aim to care, nurture and enrich the lives of all in our family at Sanctuary Care, whether thats our staff, residents or family members.
Pinewood Residential Care Home, 96 Manford Way, Chigwell, Essex, IG7 4DA
£9.98 per hour
16 hours per week
Why work for us?
We spend so much time at work dont we, so our ethos at Sanctuary Care is to enrich the lives of both our residents and staff. Lets have some fun while were at work, support each other and work hard as a team. Theres loads of training and promotion opportunities available for those who want to pursue it and every day job satisfaction at Pinewood for all regardless of role.
Sanctuary Care has over 100 care homes and you can feel the difference a team makes the moment you step through one of our doors. The team at Pinewood is special and were looking for special people to join us. Become a part of it and apply for this role.
Where youll work
At Pinewood Residential Care Home, our activities leader Lorraine Erich was proud to be shortlisted for the London regional finals of the Great British Care Awards 2018, for the Care Home Activity Organiser Award. The award is for someone who shows exceptional skills and creativity when it comes to providing activities. Lorraine, who has worked at the care home for 27 years, has inspired the rest of the team to value the importance of activities when it comes to fulfilling the lives of their residents and making sure they are happy and engaged. Part of the nomination for her award read: -One resident would not spend time with any other residents and nobody could persuade her otherwise. She loved to knit but said she couldnt do it because of her arthritis. Lorraine got her some wider needles and persuaded her to try - she has been knitting ever since! Lorraine then set up Pinewoods knitting circle, which this lady helps run."
Are you our next Catering Assistant? Heres more about the role:
- First and foremost - we work together as a team to enrich our residents lives - lets support our colleagues too and have fun in the process
- Your main duties will include basic food preparation, presenting meals to a high standard and serving meals to our residents, all performed to relevant food hygiene legislation
- Excellent food and great service play a key part in our residents day.
What skills do I need?
- Team work! A happy team, makes for happy residents and a happy home
- Previous catering experience is desirable as is a food hygiene certificate
- An understanding of safe food storage/cleaning practices is essential
- Support and training are provided
- You need to be caring, enthusiastic and have energy to share
- Being able to communicate well is essential along with a flexible approach
- You will also be kind and have a real genuine like for older people and their needs, ensuring we treat everyone with the respect and dignity they deserve.
Benefits and rewards
We know you work so hard and being the best Catering Assistant you can be needs to be rewarded. We are very proud to offer the following:
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Life assurance
- CQC performance bonus
- Overtime enhancement
- Occupational sick pay after qualifying period
- Season ticket loan available (Oystercard)
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Refer a friend scheme with payment of up to £500 available
- Contributory pension from Sanctuary Care
- Access to a free 24/7 support service providing support including legal, financial, emotional and medical advice
- Discounts on shopping, holidays, cinema, dining, days out and much more via My Rewards
- Criminal Records Checks are funded by Sanctuary Care.
We hope you feel you could be our next team member.
Job reference: 172326
Closing date: 20 May 2022
We might get a lot of applications so reserve the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time. Dont miss out, please apply early.
Building Equality and Diversity
Sanctuary Group encourages and welcomes applications from people from diverse backgrounds to support our commitment to offering an inclusive environment for our employees and customers. We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for. Sanctuary Care Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.