At Sanctuary Care, we believe in providing high quality care homes where people are looked after with the utmost dignity and respect. It goes without saying that kindness is what care is all about, so first and foremost, we carefully choose our staff for their kind and compassionate nature. We aim to care, nurture and enrich the lives of all in our family at Sanctuary Care, whether thats our staff, residents or family members.
Beach Lawns Residential and Nursing Home, 67 Beach Road, Weston-Super-Mare, Somerset
£10.66 per hour
33 Hours Per Week
Why work for us?
We spend so much time at work dont we, so our ethos at Sanctuary Care is to enrich the lives of both our residents and staff. Lets have some fun while were at work, support each other and work hard as a team. Theres loads of training and promotion opportunities available for those who want to pursue it and every day job satisfaction at Beach Lawns for all regardless of role.
Sanctuary Care has over 100 care homes and you can feel the difference a team makes the moment you step through one of our doors. The team at Beach Lawns is special and were looking for special people to join us. Become a part of it and apply for this role.
Where youll work
One of the truly special things about Beach Lawns is the way the team strives to make their residents wishes come true. Working together the homes activities team do everything in their power to make their dreams come true - no matter how big or small. One such resident is 69-year-old Adele Steen, who took to the skies in a helicopter over Weston-super-Mare. Adele, who has used a wheelchair all her life after contracting polio at an early age, has always been fascinated with the sky, so the team made her dream of flying become a reality. Staff, residents and family watched as Adele was flown over Beach Lawns in her own chartered flight from The Helicopter Museum. Another resident told home manager Lyn that he was determined to climb Mount Kilimanjaro for Comic Relief. Unfortunately, due to his mobility, this was not possible but he came up with an even better idea that could get everyone involved. With the support of the team, he organised a sponsored walk around the home, gardens and adjoining park with fellow residents and staff members, raising £500 for charity.
Are you our next Housekeeping Supervisor? Heres more about the role:
- First and foremost - we work together as a team to enrich our residents lives - lets support our colleagues too and have fun in the process
- A Housekeeping Supervisor will lead and motivate a team of Housekeeping Assistants ensuring they keep to their cleaning schedules and maintain an attractive and clean environment throughout the home
- Its really important that our residents live in a clean, safe and pleasant environment which feels as close to home as possible. The way you look after the home and team plays a huge role in this.
What skills do I need?
- Team work! A happy team, makes for happy residents and a happy home
- Previous experience of providing housekeeping services is required, ideally in a dementia residential setting
- Experience is not essential, as well support you with all the training and support youll need to do the job, what is important is that you are caring, enthusiastic and have energy to share
- Being able to communicate well is essential along with a flexible approach
- You will also be kind and have a real genuine like for older people and their needs, ensuring we treat everyone with the respect and dignity they deserve
- Knowledge of infection control would be advantageous
- The successful candidate should also ideally be NVQ / QCF Level 2 qualified in Catering and in Housekeeping or be able to demonstrate knowledge and ability at an equivalent level.
Benefits and rewards
We know you work so hard and being the best Housekeeping Supervisor you can be needs to be rewarded. We are very proud to offer the following:
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Life assurance
- CQC performance bonus
- Overtime enhancement
- Occupational sick pay after qualifying period
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Refer a friend scheme with payment of up to £500 available
- Contributory pension from Sanctuary Care
- Access to a free 24/7 support service providing support including legal, financial, emotional and medical advice
- Discounts on shopping, holidays, cinema, dining, days out and much more via My Rewards
- Criminal Records Checks are funded by Sanctuary Care.
We hope you feel you could be our next team member.
Job Reference: 170802
Closing date: 18 May 2022
Sanctuary Care has an obligation to try to minimise the risk and impact of Coronavirus to both employees and residents. Where your job requires you to work in or visit a Care Homes, it is Sanctuarys preference that you are fully vaccinated against Coronavirus prior to commencing employment, and on an annual basis thereafter (depending on the government vaccination programme).
We might get a lot of applications so reserve the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time. Dont miss out, please apply early.
Building Equality and Diversity
Sanctuary Group encourages and welcomes applications from people from diverse backgrounds to support our commitment to offering an inclusive environment for our employees and customers. We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for. Sanctuary Care Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.