Registered Nurse Days and Nights
At Sanctuary Care, we believe in providing high quality care homes where people are looked after with the utmost dignity and respect. It goes without saying that kindness is what care is all about, so first and foremost, we carefully choose our staff for their kind and compassionate nature. We aim to care, nurture and enrich the lives of all in our family at Sanctuary Care, whether thats our staff, residents or family members.
Registered Nurse Days and Nights
Yarnton Residential and Nursing Home, Rutten Lane, Yarnton, Oxfordshire, OX5 1LW
£19.55 per hour
Full and part time hours available
Various options available including; days, evenings, nights & alternate weekends
We pay up to £3,000 when you join Sanctuary Care. Relocation packages are also available.
Why work for us?
We spend so much time at work dont we, so our ethos at Sanctuary Care is to enrich the lives of both our residents and staff. Lets have some fun while were at work, support each other and work hard as a team. Theres loads of training and promotion opportunities available for those who want to pursue it and every day job satisfaction at Yarnton Residential and Nursing Home for all regardless of role.
Sanctuary Care has over 100 care homes and you can feel the difference a team makes the moment you step through one of our doors. The team at Yarnton Residential and Nursing Home is special and were looking for special people to join us. Become a part of it and apply for this role.
Where youll work
Situated next door to the local primary school, you often hear the joyful sounds of youngsters during their break time. The children often join us for arts and crafts or to give us a sneak preview of a choral performance, which is a real treat. The home also has its own minibus to take residents out and about. From garden centres and museums and other places across Oxfordshire - even trips to the seaside. We also use our minibus to support people living with dementia in their own homes around Yarnton and Kidlington, to get to a local day centre. This is something we are really proud of because we are helping to reduce social isolation within the area.
Are you our next Registered Nurse? Heres more about the role:
- First and foremost - we work together as a team to enrich our residents lives - lets support our colleagues too and have fun in the process
- Youll give the highest quality of personalised care to our residents in line with their individual care plans that you prepare and monitor
- Youll regularly communicate with residents, their families and staff both verbally and written
- Providing comprehensive , systematic and accurate nursing assessments of the physical, psychological and social needs of the residents will be at the heart of your day
- Its very simple - if we can be the best Registered Nurse we can be by being kind and supportive in every way to our residents, their families and our colleagues, then were all doing a great job.
What skills do I need?
- Team work! A happy team, makes for happy residents and a happy home
- You will be Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council
- You will have experience of working in a clinical setting
- Being able to communicate well is essential along with a flexible approach
- You will also be kind and have a real genuine like for older people and their needs, ensuring we treat everyone with the respect and dignity they deserve
- You will use a good Nursing Process to formulate initial Nursing Diagnosis by collecting data from subjective and objective information given and then prioritising and managing care
- You will have experience of infection control, nutrition, moving and handling, wound care, phlebotomy and drug administration.
Benefits and rewards
We know you work so hard and being the best Registered Nurse you can be needs to be rewarded. We are very proud to offer the following:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Life assurance
- CQC performance bonus
- Overtime enhancement
- Occupational sick pay after qualifying period
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Refer a friend scheme with payment of up to £500 available
- Contributory pension from Sanctuary Care
- Access to a free 24/7 support service providing support including legal, financial, emotional and medical advice
- Discounts on shopping, holidays, cinema, dining, days out and much more via My Rewards
- Criminal Records Checks are funded by Sanctuary Care.
The job referenceis 172662
Closing date: 20th May 2022
To apply please email your CV to [email protected]
We might get a lot of applications so reserve the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time. Dont miss out, please apply early.
Building Equality and Diversity
Sanctuary Group encourages and welcomes applications from people from diverse backgrounds to support our commitment to offering an inclusive environment for our employees and customers. We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for. Sanctuary Care Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.