As a Lead Product Manager, you are accountable for developing analytics products, ensuring effective reporting through analytics platforms and contributing to data-driven decision making across the broader Tesco business.
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
- Formulate the vision, strategy and roadmap for building analytics capabilities across the data & analytics portfolio, and work with others in aligning the strategic priorities, dependencies and roadmap across the data & analytics product portfolio.
- Plan and co-ordinate analytics product efforts that have dependencies on multiple Product and Engineering teams.
- Lead discovery work around a minimum viable product (MVP) for any new analytics product, collaborating with User Experience (UX) and Engineering teams to prototype and validate a MVP.
- Ensuring data quality and integrity by working with the data supply and demand team.
- Help the team in breaking down a complex piece of work/ epic into smaller, deliverable chunks of value that can be delivered faster.
- Provide leadership and direction to cross functional team(s) on short-term tasks/near-term priorities.
- Manage a team of Analytics Product Managers (3 direct reports).
- Empower teams across Tesco to use business intelligence environment to get the most of performance reviews and business insights.
Experience relevant for this job:
• Technically competent to influence and understand the business intelligence solution context & approach and aid engineering in estimating the complexity of work being requested.
- Understand & specify non-functional requirements for analytics products (Performance/ Security etc.) and collaborate with engineering to ensure those are met.
- Understands engineering and infrastructure best practices and practicalities to help resolve delivery challenges.
- Knowledge of using MI/BI systems and databases such as Teradata, Hadoop and other SQL or NoSQL technologies.
- Knowledge of using business intelligence and visualisation tools such as Tableau and MicroStrategy.
- Expertise in the use of Tools & Techniques for backlog prioritisation, managing dependencies and for gaining insights using available data points.
- Highly numerate with a university degree of 2:1 or higher in a quantitative discipline or relevant experience.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the technologies relevant to data platforms.
- Experience creating outputs for both technical and non-technical audiences.
Skills relevant for the job:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A methodical/ analytical approach and great problem-solving skills
- Attitude and the aptitude to learn new product area/domain quickly
- Great presentation and persuasion skills
- Team player who could work collaboratively with other members of the team