Salary - up to £1,001 per week
Develop your career in care with The Good Care Group. If you want to enjoy good rewards, access great ongoing training courses and have 24/7 support from an award-winning team, we think there's nowhere better than The Good Care Group.
You might have professional experience as a support worker, or as a care assistant in a residential or domiciliary care setting. You may have already worked as a professional live-in carer before, or perhaps you have personal experience supporting a family member or friend. If you’re passionate about providing tailored support and companionship and you want to help enable our clients to live in their own homes, we’d love to hear from you.
You can be assured that when you join us, you will have an ‘outstanding’ team supporting you, 24/7, 365 days a year. We’re the only dedicated live-in care provider to have been rated ‘Outstanding’ by the CQC in England - in all 5 categories. We’re also rated “Excellent” for care and support by the Care Inspectorate in Scotland.
Why we think there’s nowhere better:
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, including level 2 diploma in working in care services, a level 3 award in awareness of dementia and an SVQ2 in health and social care (if based in Scotland)
- Market leading face to face induction training in London (with 5* hotel accommodation included)
- A dedicated local Care Manager who knows you and your client
- Peer to peer support for all Carers joining us as part of our buddy scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme offering confidential advice and support
- An online Carer Community to stay connected, share advice and best practice
- All UK travel expenses covered whilst in placement
- 24/7/365 support from our central team
- Free DBS for England and free PVG if working in Scotland
About the role:
Live-in carers live with a client for the duration of their chosen rota pattern (e.g 2, 4 or 6 weeks). You’ll look after one person or at times a couple, providing both care and companionship. Following a person centred care plan you will tailor your support to meet your clients’ needs, assisting with daily activities, personal care, or support in managing conditions such as dementia.
Your role will include:
- You’ll be matched with a client based on your skills and your client’s needs, providing tailored support and companionship
- Following a client’s individual care plan you will generally provide a daily average of 10 hours care provision to your client
- Managing medical conditions such as dementia, stroke and Parkinson’s
- Moving and handling
- Cooking, cleaning and ensuring the smooth running of the house
We’re looking for:
- Professional care experience gained in any care setting, such as live-in carer, domiciliary carer, care assistant, support worker, healthcare assistant in the NHS or similar. OR recent experience of providing personal care for an adult friend or family member including washing, bathing and toileting
- A driver’s licence is an advantage but not a requirement. The client provides the car and the insurance, for you to be able to take your client for the occasional trip out or to go shopping
- You must be flexible to travel to your client placement (UK travel expenses covered)
Providing high quality live in care in people’s homes across England and Scotland, The Good Care Group is also part of Sodexo.