- Virgin Media
- Full Time
About the role
We are redefining our Digital Experience Mobile app and looking for an Android Developer to help us continue in this journey.
As a valued member of our skilled development community, you'll work within a predominantly Agile/Scrum environment to chip into the delivery of high-quality mobile apps. Working as part of the wider team, you'll analyse, plan and implement development activities to meet deliverables. With an emphasis on high quality, the purpose of the role is to design, build, test and deploy the Virgin Media mobile app.
As an experienced Android Developer, you'll work with the lead developers to deliver solutions as appropriate to meet short, medium, and long-term business objectives, whilst being an advocate for developing improvements across the team. You'll bring structure to complex problems and influence team execution across multiple platforms.
So that's what you'll get up to, but what about us?
Well, we're super proud of our history, helping communities to stay connected with oodles of top-notch products and services. We offer the full works broadband, TV, mobile, and landline equipping our customers out with the very latest tech.
But it's not just what we do, but why we do it that really matters.
Our mission is to become the most recommended brand, by our people and our customers. A massive part of that journey is about how we ensure that our forward-thinking people have a working environment in which they can truly belong and thrive. For us, it's critical that every single person can bring, and be, their whole selves at work, and we're working hard every day to achieve this.
Tell me more, tell me more
We'd love you to bring experience in developing, maintaining, and delivering software for mobile apps as we move towards an Agile Software Development lifecycle. You'll have specialised knowledge and experience in Android platforms on customer-facing apps.
The must haves
- Solid understanding of Android SDK and different versions of Android
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem, architecture patterns, and best practices
- Strong OOP skills and SOLID principles
- Well versed in Kotlin
- Experience with Unit and Integration Testing
Other stuff we're looking for:
- Knowledge of Clean Architecture and Clean Code practices
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with Continuous Delivery
- Proficient understanding of version control systems, like Git
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards, and tools - all focused on helping you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes a little more normal again. We're constantly evolving our approach to enable you to find a great work-life balance.
If you go on to be successful in your application, some of the many benefits include:
- 25 days' annual leave, plus UK bank holidays.
- A defined contribution pension scheme, run by Fidelity, matched up to 10%.
- Access to wellbeing benefits such as the Unmind App, personal medical cover (which you can opt to upgrade to cover loved ones), and critical illness cover.
- Your birthday off every year, to treat yourself.
- The option to buy and sell up to 5 days leave, to suit your personal needs.
If you think you've got some amazing skills to offer us, and Virgin Media feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include 1-2 rounds of interviews.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you.
Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media family.