- Virgin Media
- Full Time
About the role
You’ll be the person who collects our equipment from active or disconnected customers premises. You’ll visit around 50 houses per day, mostly cold calling and leaving cards as you go for those who are not in. You’ll drive the same route 2 to 3 times per day to maximise success. Don’t worry, you don’t need any previous technical or collections experience to apply, as we’ll give you all the training you need to succeed.
Virgin Media have a long and proud history of serving the community with products and services which enable people to stay connected. We offer the full kit and caboodle Broadband, TV services and mobile to ensure our customers have access to the very latest tech.
The Collections Agent role is open to everyone simple. As an employer, we’re committed to making sure that everybody feels free and empowered to bring and be their whole self at work. We’re proud to have a wonderfully diverse customer base, and it’s important to us that our teams reflect the communities we serve. Our mission is to create belonging across our people, our products, our customers & in society as a whole.
Tell me more, tell me more…
We’re currently looking for new recruits in our equipment returns team. If you love working outside and are up for an exciting challenge, then please read on! You can also ask our friendly recruitment team any questions you may have about the role or the recruitment process via our live webchat service, between 9:30-5 Monday to Friday. To speak to the team, follow this link: https://meetandengage.com/virginmediajobs.
As a Collections Agent, you’ll collect equipment from customer’s doorsteps who have had challenges with payments, or where the customer has moved, and a new tenant now lives there. Because of the pandemic, you won’t need to enter a customer’s premises, but when the government guidelines change and it is safe to do so, there will be times where you’ll need to go inside to disconnect equipment. We’ll provide you with PPE and social distancing guidelines to keep you and our customers safe.
Shifts: This is a full-time role and you’ll work 37.5 hours per week on a rotational shift pattern:
Week 1 - 11am to 7pm Mon-Thur. 9am to 5pm Friday
Week 2 11am to 7pm Tue-Thur. 9am to 5pm Friday & Saturday
When you join, you’ll be given comprehensive training, as well as on-going support - you can trust us to do the right thing by you. No two days are the same, which means you’ll always be learning and finding new challenges to get stuck in to.
The must haves:
- You’ll hold a UK Manual driving licence with no more than 8 points
- You’ll live within a 30-minute commute of the advertised location
Other stuff we’re looking for:
- You’ll be comfortable working on your own and spending much of your day driving
- You can handle difficult situations when talking to customers
- You’ll be proactive and full of motivation to hit your team targets, which in turn, earn you more money!
- You’ll be comfortable speaking with our customers face to face and over the phone
What’s in it for you?
We love to reward our people for doing a great job. You’ll find the full list of benefits on our careers site, including:
- A competitive salary of £21,000. Plus, the opportunity to earn a bonus every time a customer you refer joins our network!
- A company vehicle
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and your birthday off every year!
- Discounted Virgin Media products for you, your family, and friends
- Great Pension Plan we match every pound you put in, up to 10%
- Company Funded Medical Plan we pay for your own cover
Once you’ve applied, we’ll be inviting you to record a video interview, which is an automated part of our process. This can be done at a time convenient to you within 7 days, and within the comfort of your own home. You can complete this on your mobile phone or laptop.
If you’re successful, we’ll be in touch to advise you of next steps which will involve a live virtual interview with one of our managers to get to know you better. To find out more about any of these steps click here - https://careers.virginmedia.com/about-us/how-we-hire/