Senior Data Analyst - 9 month Contract
- Virgin Media
- Full Time
About the role
This is an exciting time to join Virgin Media as a Senior Data Analyst in our Network Expansion team, on a 9 month fixed term contract. You will be developing and supporting the creation of models and databases with varying complexity using machine learning, key datasets, supporting predictive analysis and delivering business insight. The role is pivotal in supporting time and cost critical decision making, as well as influencing key strategic goals.
So that's what you'll get up to, but what about us?
Well, we're super proud of our history, helping communities to stay connected with oodles of outstanding products and services. We offer the full works broadband, TV, mobile and landline equipping our customers out with the very latest tech.
But it's not just what we do, but why we do it that really matters.
Our mission is to become the most recommended brand, by our people and our customers. A massive part of that journey is about how we ensure that our brilliant people have a working environment in which they can truly belong and thrive. For us, it's essential that every single person can bring, and be, their whole selves at work, and we're working hard every day to achieve this.
Tell me more…
This role will see you supporting and delivering new capabilities, to enable predictive intelligence on the core performance metrics used across Net Ex and partner divisions. You'll be identifying and scoping out appropriate analysis and insight activities which enables strategic decision making for all business units. The Data Analyst will need to be proactive in their approach, whilst driving the definition of new and existing datasets, through data exploration and the predictive intelligence gathered.
The must haves:
- Experience of working in a similar capacity, responsible for taking ownership of commercial opportunities and securing large contracts through competitive procurement processes.
- Can provide working examples of delivering under high pressure and tight deadlines.
- Ability to apply data machine learning techniques to business problems and visualise findings.
- Can showcase the technical knowledge required to identify and build predictive models using complex analytical skills.
- Superb interpersonal skills, communication and presentation skills, with good multi-functional and inter-disciplinary awareness with the ability to explain sophisticated techniques and findings to non-technical audience.
- Sound planning skills with a vision to foresee potential issues and implement change and contingencies as appropriate.
Other stuff we're looking for:
- Proven experience working extensively with data and providing insight to key business partners translating technical into non-technical language.
- Experience using statistical computing languages - R or Python preferred and excellent knowledge of SQL.
- Good understanding of data models, data interrogation, manipulation, and reporting/dashboard tools.
- Knowledge of Google Cloud and the various environments in which big data analytics can be completed.
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards and tools - passionate about helping you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes a little more normal again. We're always evolving our approach to enable you to find a great work life balance.
If you go on to be successful in your application, some of the many benefits include:
- 25 days' annual leave, plus UK bank holidays.
- A defined contribution pension scheme, run by Fidelity, matched up to 10%.
- Access to wellbeing benefits such as the Unmind App, personal medical cover (which you can opt to upgrade to cover loved ones) and critical illness cover.
If you think you've got some incredible skills to offer us, and Virgin Media feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include a two part interview process.
When you apply, we'll ask you about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you.
Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media family.