Senior Finance Analyst
- Virgin Media
- Full Time
About the role
We're on the lookout for a Senior Finance Analyst to join our team here at Virgin Media. Working within the Capital Planning team, your key focus will be to build and accumulate budget spend tracking, providing detailed level support for projects within Network, Strategy & Engineering as well as consolidating input to track and produce reports on the end-to-end financial management progress for the wider NSE group through the established governance processes.
So that's what you'll get up to, but what about us?
Well, we're super proud of our history, helping communities to stay connected with oodles of top-notch products and services. We offer the full works broadband, TV, mobile and landline equipping our customers out with the very latest tech.
But it's not just what we do, but why we do it that really matters.
Our mission is to become the most recommended brand, by our people and our customers. A massive part of that journey is about how we ensure that our brilliant people have a working environment in which they can truly belong and thrive. For us, it's critical that every single person can bring, and be, their whole selves at work, and we're working hard every day to achieve this.
Tell me more, tell me more…
This role is ideal for an organised individual, who thrives in a fast-paced, often challenging environment. In this role, you'll support the monthly budget planning process, reporting and performance versus budget, risks, challenges, and opportunities. You’ll produce and maintain a day-to-day budget across our programme/portfolio of work, whilst consolidating input from across the team. Track and continually maintain records of commitment of budget spend and receipt of goods and services to provide an accurate and updated record of expenditure.
The must haves:
- Experienced operator with previous IT/Telecom’s network planning and budgeting experience, ideally gained within a large commercial environment
- Able to demonstrate strong influencing skills to encourage stakeholders to change established processes, to achieve improvements and best practices
- Proven experience in managing large budgets, across multiple programmes/portfolios, with a proven track record in handling high-value and complex vendor relationships
- Strong Excel skills (demonstrable experience in working with pivot tables, graphs, macros, v-lookups)
- Previous experience in leading direct reports
- Accountancy qualification (ACCA/CIMA)
Other stuff we're looking for:
- Experience in project management techniques including planning, resource allocation, prioritisation, and escalation.
- Expert understanding of budget management, including the principles, methods, techniques, and tools for the preparation and building of long-range plans.
- Familiar with business proposals, including methods and techniques for preparing and communicating business cases.
- Advanced understanding of Capex and Opex classification and business case benefits tracking methodologies.
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards, and tools - all crafted to help you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes more normal again. We're always reviewing our approach to enable you to find a great work-life balance.
If you go on to be successful in your application, some of the many benefits include:
- 25 days' annual leave, plus UK bank holidays.
- A defined contribution pension scheme, run by Fidelity, matched up to 10%.
- Access to wellbeing and mental health benefits such as the Unmind App, personal medical cover, and critical illness cover.
- The option to buy and sell up to 5 days leave, to suit your personal needs.
If you think you've got some incredible skills to offer us, and Virgin Media feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you! Once you've applied the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include an initial chat with a dedicated recruiter, followed by an interview with the hiring manager.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you.
Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media family.