The context for the County Council is changing. In the period where we recover and rebuild following the COVID crisis, we will be faced with new and unknown economic and demographic pressures. Our challenge will be to maintain quality services and provide communities with greater choice and influence over how they receive services.
Lifelong Services operate countywide, with teams based in each of the three main hubs within West Sussex.Our Lifelong Services Teams have a unique focus, supporting young people and adults with lifelong physical disabilities, learning disabilities, autism, and brain injuries acquired at an early age. We also work with adults with sensory impairments acquired at any age.
About The Job
Salary:£56,670 - £60,258 per annum Working Pattern:Full time, 37 hours Location:County Wide - Base location to be discussed at interview
As a Service Manager, you will have oversight for the delivery of support in the community for people supported within Lifelong Services. You will be responsible for identification of and addressing quality issues within the service; and for ensuring the service runs as effectively as possible, meeting performance expectations.
You will have a sound theoretical knowledge across the specialism of the areas you will manage and sound practical knowledge of the political environment of local government and partner organisations.
As an experienced practitioner you will have significant experience in dealing with complex issues including safeguarding, managing complaints and working with partner organisations.
You will also have considerable experience of leading activities with conflicting requirements and managing budgets, as well as contributing to decision making on high level spending.
Experience and Skills
- Pragmatic problem-solving & decision making.
- Detailed subject matter expert enabling provision of technical and management advice.
- Highly developed communication skills.
- Sound partnership working skills.
- Effective people management and performance management skills.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Post graduate professional qualification relevant either to management or to the professional service specialism; or equivalent level of significant experience demonstrating comprehensive application of the above.
- Relevant chartered status of a professional body or equivalent high-level experience of involved practices.
- Broad operational work experience applied in a variety of settings, appropriate to the business.
Rewards and Benefits
In addition to working within a great team and a competitive salary you will have access to:
- 26 days annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually.
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme.
- A range of flexible working options.
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
The reference number for this role is CAFHE03815 .
For an informal conversation or for further information regarding the role, please contact Alan Dennett, Operations Manager [email protected]. For issues or queries regarding your application please contact[email protected].
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.This post is subject to Social Worker England OR HCPC registration, an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and a health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veterans Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on ourapplication helppage.
Note for Recruitment Agencies: We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!