Lottery Fundraiser-Team Leader
We are recruiting a lottery fundraising team leader who will be responsible for representing hospices and charities throughout Great Britain by promoting the Your Hospice Lottery and make a smile lottery brands.
What were looking for
Our ideal candidate will:
- As directed by the National Sales Manager, achieve all relevant KPIs which will include but not limited to achieving sales against expectations and upholding supporter and charity partners best interests at all times.
- Lead a team of fundraisers within your area, completing monthly 1-1 reviews and daily management.
- Canvassnew lottery members within the designated geographical areas as defined by the National Sales Manager, primarily promoting direct debit as the optimum payment method. This will be conducted through face to face fundraising via door to door, venues and events.
- Work with the National Sales Manager to identify suitable areas for canvassing, including door to door, venues and events and to be responsible where directed for arranging personal venue opportunities in which to promote the lottery.
- Work as part of a team to develop and promote the lottery to enable Your Hospice Lottery and make a smile lottery to achieve its set targets and budgets for its charitable partners.
- From time to time deliver presentations to small groups, explaining about the work of our charitable partners and in particular the lottery.
- Manage all administration of your activities, ensuring comprehensive and accurate record keeping.
- Ensure that all fields on the electronic tablet devices are completed accurately and are kept safe and secure at all times, in accordance with organisational guidelines in relation to Information Governance and the Data Protection Act.
- Provide cover for sickness/holiday as required.
- Undergo an induction training programme and to ensure attendance at regular compliance training sessions to ensure you comply with relevant legislation as set out by the Gambling Commission, Fundraising Regulator and the Institute of Fundraising.
- Attend relevant internal and external meetings and events as agreed with the National Sales Manager.
- Maintain high quality performance by keeping abreast of developments in the wider sector through liaison with counterparts from other charitable organisations and across the charity sector.
- Work closely with all charity partner teams to ensure that you are aware of events and other activities at which the lottery could be promoted and for which you could help recruit lottery supporters.
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Work closely with the wider Lottery team, to attend events and engagements where appropriate at evenings and weekends.
- Attend regular meetings with the Lottery team to ensure good practice, underpinned by co-operative relationships and effective communication.
- Travel to partner charitable organisations within Great Britain to promote the lottery and to occasionally attend meetings and training sessions as required.
To apply email Sarah our National Sales Manager-[email protected]
St Helena provides a friendly, supportive and positive working environment across all our sites and diverse teams. We are an ambitious organisation determined to make a difference to local people across north Essex who face incurable illness and bereavement. That means working with us is a demanding but hugely fulfilling experience.