This article was written for Annabel & Grace, which is now part of Rest Less.
One ripe mango in my fruit bowl and I thought what shall I do with it? So glad I decided on Passionfruit and mango sorbet – easy peasy to make and very moreish. Highly recommend you remember this recipe as will be especially delish on a hot summer’s day…
Passionfruit and mango sorbet – super fruity and refreshingCourse: Sweet TreatsDifficulty: Easy
Large ripe mango
3 ripe passionfruit
100g caster sugar
Juice of half lemon or lime
- Use a potato peeler to remove the mango skin. Cut away all the mango and pop into a blender or food mixer.
- Cut each passionfruit in half add the juice/seeds to the mango.
- Add the lemon or lime juice, caster sugar and 100ml cold water.
- Whizz until smooth.
- Put into a container and freeze for a couple of hours.
- Mix the sorbet with a spoon – if solid, leave for a few mins to defrost slightly – and put back in the freezer. That’s it. Simples.
- Will keep in the freezer for 3 months if you have the willpower not to eat it all at once!
Looking for more inspiration? Lots of sweet treat recipes here