This article was written for Annabel & Grace, which is now part of Rest Less.
This sounds an odd combination I know, but wait until you taste it! It is not only surprisingly delicious, but only takes fifteen minutes or so from fridge to table. We never eat it with vegetables but a green salad would be a good accompaniment.
GRACE’S GRILLED PORK CHOPS WITH PASTA & APPLEDifficulty: Really easy
4 bone in pork chops (organic ones from your local butcher if possible as they have so much more flavour).
Brown sugar 2 tbspn
Salt & pepper
3 or 4 eating apples
300g dried spaghetti
- Spread English mustard over one side of each thick, bone in pork chop. Then sprinkle with brown sugar and season with salt and pepper. Chop 3 or 4 apples into six segments each and lay with the chops in a roasting pan lined with silver foil. Heat the grill or griddle.
- Into pan of salted boiling water, add enough spaghetti to serve four.
- While cooking, grill or griddle the chops and apple until caramelised on one side. Turn over the chops and add 200ml of water and put back under grill until cooked through. If time, rest meat for a few minutes (it will definitely taste even more scrummy if you do).
- Drain pasta, add a knob of butter or drizzle of oil and stir, season and then share onto plates. Top with pork chops and apple segments. Drizzle sauces from roasting pan directly onto the food and serve.
- English mustard is strong but it really works with this recipe. If you prefer, use a milder mustard such as Dijon.
You might also like to try this meatball recipe (just one of 1000 on this site)