This article was written for Annabel & Grace, which is now part of Rest Less.
Herby lamb with roots and greens
Ingredients serves 4
1kg of your fave veggies – I used red onions, parsnips, carrots (peeled, trimmed but left whole) and whole garlic cloves, skin and all.
250g loin fillet or rack of lamb with 8 cutlets, trimmed
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley and 2 tbsp chopped rosemary (or thyme if you prefer)
200g baby leaf greens, trimmed and thickly sliced
Vegetable gravy granules
Mint sauce or mint jelly
How to prepare
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7. Drizzle your peeled veg with olive oil or rapeseed oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook in the centre of the oven for 35 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, spread the lamb with mustard and roll in the herbs. Pop into the hot oven for 15 – 20 mins.
3. Remove the lamb and place on a board to rest for 5 minutes. To the roasting tin, add some boiling water and about tbspn vegetable gravy granules and thicken up on a hob until you have gravy.
4. Meanwhile, steam the baby leaf greens for 4-5 minutes until tender, then drain well.
5. Share the greens between four plates. Slice the lamb thinly and arrange on top. Arrange the roasted veg around the lamb and greens. Serve with the gravy and plenty of mint jelly.
We have lots of tried & tasted lamb recipes you might like. Click here to see them.