Version 1.15 – 03 May 2023
Here at restless.co.uk and 50connect.co.uk, we care about doing what’s right for our users and value that you choose to spend your time on our website. We recognise that by using our site you place a great deal of trust in us by giving us access to elements of your personal data and we work hard to make sure that we meet the high expectations you have of us in this regard.
This Privacy Notice tries to be as transparent as possible about the personal information we collect when you use our website and how we handle it. We’ve tried our hardest to minimise legal jargon and avoid excessive amounts of legalese, if we haven’t got it right then please let us know as these documents are here to work for you.
Who are we?
We are Intrepid Owls Ltd (Trading as Rest Less and 50connect) with company number 11402887 and ICO registration number ZA461958. Intrepid Owls Ltd acts as a data controller in respect of the personal information that we process about you.
Intrepid Owls Ltd (Trading as Rest Less and 50connect) is part of the ‘Rest Less Group’ which is made up of the following companies, all of which are registered individually as data controllers with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO):
Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO):
- Intrepid Owls Ltd (Trading as Rest Less and 50Connect) with company number 11402887 and ICO registration number ZA461958
- Rest Less Financial Services Ltd with company number 13477659 and ICO registration number ZB165325
- Rest Less Money Ltd with company number 13538787 ICO registration number ZB165326
- Rest Less Mortgages Ltd with company number 13538805 and ICO registration number ZB165333
All companies within the Rest Less Group have their Registered Office Address at 47 Butt Road, Colchester, Essex, CO3 3BZ. You can check our registrations on the Data Protection Public Register by visiting the ICO Website.
If you have any questions on what’s in the policy you can email us at [email protected] or write to us at our registered address.
Contents and quick links
- What personal data do we collect?
- How do we use this information?
- Who we share your data with
- Where we store your data
- How long we retain your data
- Your rights
- Keeping your information up to date
- How to delete all of your personal information
- How to make a complaint about our use of your data
- Other websites
- Further Information
- Changes to this notice
- Contact Us
- What personal data do we collect?
Information you submit through our websites and app such as:
- Account details – When you create a membership account and provide details about your name, title, email address, town, telephone number, mobile number and profile picture.
- Orders – When you order a product or service through our websites we will collect. information relevant to the purchase of the product or service and delivery of it to you.
- Preferences – when conducting a job search we will store information you provide about the type of opportunities you are interested in and any preferred work locations.
- Professional – Curriculum Vitae (CV) data including content or photographs, job title, name of business or organisation, professional credentials, professional contact details.
- Financial and transactions – payment card details; bank account details; details of orders made and processed; details of payment received/made; details of invoices received/issued.
- Video conference recording – files of video; audio; whiteboard; presentations; chat text.
- Contracts – details of our contracts with you.
- Enquiries and feedback – Data relating to feedback, survey and competition responses, posts and materials uploaded, reviews of events, and details of enquiries submitted.
- Interests – based on the check boxes or bookmarks/shortlists you select, both on the websites and the app.
- If you use any of the services provided by our partners such as Insurance, we will collect the personal data necessary for the partner to provide you with the service.
- Behavioural use of our websites and app – for example which pages you visited and the types of articles you engage with.
Information through your activity on our websites and app – for example:
- How you use our websites and app, and the pages and articles you visit. This includes details of your searches on restless.co.uk and 50connect.co.uk, the titles of jobs you search, click on or apply to, where those jobs are located, salary interest or experience, the general salary range or experience level of the jobs you view, your activity time on the websites and mobile app, and each page, page views, clicks, taps, session activity etc, free services you signed up to (e.g. our blogs and newsletters), events you attended or expressed interest in, details of free materials you have downloaded from our websites, details of the products and services you have purchased from our websites with their associated purchase prices, and competition or prize draws you have entered.
- We will analyse information about your computer or mobile device such as the browser type and version, browser plugin-in types and versions, operating system, type of device, MAC address, IP address, time zone settings, login data and the domain name from which you accessed the websites and mobile app.
- Information from social networks or online accounts – Information from any accounts that you share with us.
- Technical Data from the following parties:
- analytics providers such as Google, Clicky, Bing, Infusionsoft based outside the EU;
- advertising networks such as Collective Media, Appnexus and Switch based inside the EU; and
- search information providers such as Google and Bing based inside OR outside the EU.
- For our commercial partners and contacts, identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
- We try to avoid processing ‘sensitive’ information, which includes things like your ethnic background, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union membership details or health and biometric data, and we would prefer it if you didn’t supply us with this data accidentally, such as by uploading a CV to our site that contains this. If that data is needed for a specific role, we would ask that you supply only what is necessary for reasonable adjustments, directly to the recruiter when asked. We treat this information very carefully and ensure it is afforded the protection needed.
We will use your personal information for a number of reasons and under a number of lawful bases. The lawful bases that apply to the processing we perform on your information are:
Legitimate Interests – This is when we use personal data for a reason which is believed to be in yours and/or our interests. Importantly it is only used in a way that doesn’t involve overriding your privacy rights.
Consent – This is where you’ve provided us a clear indication of freely given, specific and informed permission to process your information. You’re free to withdraw this consent at any point.
Contract – for example if you are providing personal data for use with services such as insurance, utilities etc.
By using our websites or app, and providing us with information relating to your specific interests, we are able to ascertain what you, personally, want from our websites, and what articles, offers and events we think you may want to see in our websites, app, emails, notifications and other marketing journeys. We will therefore use your personal data to:
- Manage your membership account.
- Keep your personal information up-to-date – we are obliged to make all reasonable efforts to do this and to ensure that the data we hold about you is accurate.
- Communicate with you and send you personalised, relevant material such as local job alerts, advice, competitions, surveys and other information related to our services and content via email and any other direct communication channels you have opted in to, such as Push Notifications. You can always unsubscribe from receiving emails by simply clicking the unsubscribe link in the email or by contacting us on [email protected]. Likewise, if you have opted into receiving Push Notifications, you can unsubscribe by changing the settings on your device or by contacting us on [email protected].
- Inform the marketing and advertising we display on our websites or include in our emails, push notifications and other marketing materials in order to offer targeted products and services you might be interested in.
- Inform adverts you might see from us on third-party websites and/or platforms, such as Facebook and Google Display Network.
- Create remarketing audiences and similar audiences to inform our advertising on third-party platforms, such as Facebook and Google Display Network
- Create demographic, behavioural and interest-based segmentation and profiling information, in order to help us understand what you might be interested in and for market research. We are always striving to make a better Site and experience for you. Using your personal information in this way helps us to do this.
- Track, analyse, monitor and improve the overall services we provide so that your experience is continually enhanced. Obviously, you can turn off any tracking in the settings of your app at any point.
- Whilst using the app or websites, and if you allow permission, we will use geo-location to guide you to events, attractions and jobs in the nearby vicinity.
- If you register your CV with us, we understand that you are actively soliciting contact from prospective employers and recruiters about potential employment opportunities. Therefore, we will make your personal data available to recruiters, employers and volunteering organisations so that they can contact you about opportunities that they think may be relevant to you. If you would like to have your CV removed from our database, please email [email protected].
With your consent, we will make your personal data available to recruiters, employers and volunteering organisations so that they can contact you about opportunities that they think may be relevant to you. You have the ability to choose how much of your personal data is shared with these recruiters and prospective employers through the setting in your membership account.
With your consent, we will also use your personal data to market and communicate non-recruitment related products and services to you via email and other channels. You can always unsubscribe from receiving these at any point by managing the communications preferences in your account.
We will never sell your personal data to a third party and we won’t give your personal information to external companies for their own marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
Your data will be shared with the other legal entities within the Rest Less Group, as defined above, where we believe there is a Legitimate Interest in doing so. This could include, but is not limited to using personal data to pre-fill forms when you apply for a new product or to improve your experience of using products and services provided by the Rest Less Group.
To make sure our products and services run smoothly we may need to share your information with selected third parties. These include:
- Our employees or anyone who works for us when they need it to do their job.
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors who are necessary in order to offer the services provided by our websites.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data, to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others to make sure their adverts reach their intended audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our websites such as Google Analytics and MixPanel.
- Software providers we have contractual agreements with to provide us with communications, database infrastructure and customer support tools that require storage of your data.
- Anyone who you give us permission to share it with.
- Anyone who we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data with in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of companies in the Rest Less Group, our customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will make sure that anyone acting on our behalf only uses your personal information in line with our instructions and that they keep the data safe. We won’t give your personal information to external companies for their own marketing purposes.
Most of the information you give us is stored on our secure servers within the UK, EU and U.S.A through our main hosting and services providers, Amazon Web Services Google Cloud, Digital Ocean and Linode.
Where a supplier who processes your data is outside the UK and the European Economic Area (“EEA”) we always ensure that we have Standard Contractual Clauses in place to ensure that your data is as protected as it can be.
The length of time we keep your information will depend on the purpose for which we use it. We will only retain your information for as long as is necessary for those purposes. We will retain your data for as long as you have an account with us. After you close your account, we generally keep personal information for one further year after our last contact with you, unless a statutory retention period applies. In this case, we will retain the information in line with statutory requirements.
Where you contribute to 50connect.co.uk, the Rest Less group will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted. For example, Rest Less will only keep copies of entries to a photographic competition for the duration of the competition. If you are a commercial partner of 50Connect.co.uk, by law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
You have lots of rights with regards to your personal data. After all, it’s your data. Under the legislation you have a right to:
- Be informed about our processing of your personal data. That’s why we have this Privacy Notice, so you’re informed about the processing we do
- Request access to your personal data and information about how we process it
- To have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal data completed (the “right to rectification”)
- In some circumstances, to have your personal data deleted (the “right to be forgotten”)
- In some circumstances, to restrict processing of your personal data
- In some circumstances, to move, copy or transfer your personal data (“data portability”)
- To object to the processing of your personal data. Where Legitimate Interests is the lawful basis, you have the Right to object to the processing, but this is not absolute (except for marketing). If you object to processing, we will always assess whether your Rights override ours as a business and will keep you informed of the outcome.
- If any automated decision-making, including profiling, has a legal effect on you, then you have the Right to ask for a human being to intervene and look at the decision.
You can find out more information about your rights at the Information Commissioner’s website: www.ico.org.uk
If you would like to exercise any of these rights in relation to your personal data, please email [email protected].
We will do our utmost to ensure that your personal information is accurate. In order to assist us with this, please notify us of any changes to the personal information that you have provided to us by updating your details in your account or by emailing [email protected].
If you would like to request that all of your personal data be deleted please contact us by emailing [email protected] with the subject “Data deletion request” and we will process the request within 30 days.
If you have a complaint, please contact us by emailing [email protected] and we’ll do our best to fix the problem and ensure it doesn’t happen again.
If you’re not happy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can do this via https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/ or by writing to: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
In order to provide you with further information about specific topics or product of interest, our website provides links to other websites, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we cannot accept any responsibility or liability for their use of your personal data. We therefore strongly suggest you check their own Privacy Policies before providing any personal data.
We are required to employ appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal information from any loss, destruction, damage or unlawful disclosure. However, please remember that no transmission over our websites can ever be guaranteed as 100% secure, but we do our best to ensure the security patches and similar, are regularly updated.
We will make changes to this notice if there is a change in the nature of our business or to reflect the latest recommendations and best practice in data protection.
If we make any changes, we will update the Privacy Notice on this page so that you can always see how we use and handle your personal information. If we make a substantive change, we will email you and let you know what the major changes are.