Activities and Hobbies Volunteer - Lostwithiel, East Cornwall
- Part Time
Are you passionate about supporting people with a learning disability to do the things they love?
We are looking for one or two volunteers who are happy to get out and about in the local community supporting the fun loving people living in the Lostwithiel area of Cornwall. The people we support have many interest and enjoy lots of variety so there will always be plenty to do like; exploring the area, going to the beach, grabbing a coffee and having a chat, or enjoying a knit and natter just to name a few!
- Over 18 years of age
- Friendly and approachable
- Good at communicating and listening
- Able to volunteer fortnightly - we can be very flexible to when suits you
- Reliable and patient
- Interested in others
- Accepting of others who might be different to yourself
- Willing to volunteer within guidelines and to take direction where necessary
- Downloading an application form by clicking on the Additional Information tab. Completing the form and emailing it to [email protected]
- Applying online by clicking the Apply tab. Please note that you need to register first before you apply. You can find application instructions by clicking the Additional Information tab.
- Induction to the service and volunteer role
- A settling in period to make sure this is the right role for you
- To feel fully supported in your role
- Agreed out-of-pocket expenses reimbursed (e.g. travel and activity costs)
- The opportunity to meet new people and be part of a diverse team
- The opportunity to learn new skills
- To feel appreciated and valued for my contribution