Volunteer Visitor - Llangwyfan, Denbigh
We are looking for a patient and caring volunteer to visit Bob* every 2 months. Bob is gentleman in his early 50s who lives in his own cottage within a larger care home outside of Denbigh.
I like to have choice about what I do. I have a pointing board and many photos of activities that I can choose. I really like diet coke and I drink decaf coffee. I particularly like a McDonalds chocolate muffin. I love bubbles and craft kits. I choose my own clothes and love colourful pyjama bottoms. I like to look -handsome" and it is nice when people say that to me. I like to go on long drives out and when I am encouraged to I will enjoy a long walk.
Visits areevery 2 monthsand can be any day of the week except Mondays or Fridays.
Visits will last around from about 1 hour depending on what you do together.
Before applying please check your journeyto make sure it's practical for you. There is a bus from Denbigh if you don't drive.
As a Mencap Visiting Volunteeryou will be:
- Aged 18 or over
- Friendly, patient and reliable
For more information please email [email protected] or go straight to Apply!
- Make a difference for a person with a learning disability
- Training & induction to thevolunteer role
- Agreed out-of-pocket expenses (e.g. travel)
- Mencap Extras - discounts from high street retailers
- Meet new people
- We'll value your contribution
- Ongoing support from our Volunteer Coordinator, who will join you for your first visit