Group Coordinator (Mutual Support - Armed Forces and Reserves MS Society Group)
- Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Part Time
- North Berwick
Across the UK, our MS Society groups play a vital part in supporting people affected by MS.
We are looking to recruit a Group Coordinator for our Mutual Support group. As our Group Coordinator you’ll take the lead in making sure the Mutual Support group works as effectively as possible. You’ll recruit, induct and support other volunteers to make sure the group’s activities meet the needs of our UK wide community of serving and ex-serving members of the Armed Forces and Reserves either living with or affected by MS. You can be based anywhere in the UK, but many of our current Coordinating Team volunteer from home, with occasional face-to-face meetings in Nottingham.
Mutual Support is the Armed Forces Multiple Sclerosis Support Group, providing help to Serving and ex-Serving members of the Armed Forces and Reserves, their dependants and carers affected by MS.
Mutual Support has developed a wide range of services targeted to the needs of its members. These include:
- A well-qualified support team giving help and information on a wide range of issues
- Up to two Support & Respite Weekends per year. These weekends provide a chance to meet others in a similar situation and make new friends. The break consists of both informative workshops and expert speakers on MS and MS-related topics. There is no set charge for these events, but donations are very welcome from those who are able to contribute towards the cost of the weekend.
- Help with War Pension/AFCS/AFPS claims and appeals (Members Area)
- Help with DWP Benefits claims and appeals (Members Area)
- A listening ear when you just need to talk
- A regular newsletter (Members Area)
- Fact sheets and guides on all aspects of MS, available through the MS Society
- Website members-only area members are provided with personal login details giving them access to information, current newsletters and more.
- Facebook a Facebook Group for members only to help them share experiences, keep in touch with each other and Mutual Support
- Twitter - find us at@MSS_MSupport
In this role you’ll be able to use and develop your leadership, management, communication, organisation and motivation skills. To find out more about what the role involves https://volunteers.mssociety.org.uk/group-coordinator
We estimate this role will need around 5 hours a week. Our roles are flexible and aim to fit around you. Time commitments for this role may vary depending on your activities. This is an ongoing role.
This is a great opportunity to gain experience within a large charity and develop your existing skills and learn new ones. We need you to get involved and help make positive changes to the lives of people affected by MS.
You'll have a background in the Armed Forces or Reserves. You’ll have an interest in the MS Society and the work that we do, as well as the enthusiasm to represent both us and our values. You will understand the needs of people affected by MS through the UK and be sympathetic to the needs and motivations of volunteers who seek to be involved. You’ll be confident using Microsoft Office, the internet and email. You’ll be able to apply disability, equality and inclusion practices and understand and apply our risk management system.
You will be reliable and easy to contact and you need to live in or near the North England/Midlands area to carry out this role.
Apply online or for further information contact [email protected]
The MS Society is committed to promoting diversity. We can only offer roles to over 18s.Apply now
If you have any issues when you click 'apply now', please try reloading this page using a different browser. We're very sorry for any inconvenience.