Fundraising Volunteer for Mental Health Charity
You will be assisting the fundraising team,headed up by our Business Development Manager, achieve annual goals at attracting income into the organisation.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for support from a person keen to gain or build on experience in the fundraising world. Preferably having some experience of fundraising for either a Charity or Not-For-Profit organisation; possessing creative skills in starting and developing fundraising campaigns.
- To assist Business Development activities within the Centre and externally and in partnership with external organisations.
- Supporting the Business Development Manager and other senior managers in looking / prospecting for new grants
- Thinking of creative ways of engaging donors / corporations.
- Running campaigns with the Fundraising and Communications teams to encourage individual donations
- Developing new fundraising ideas
- Regularly reviewing the fundraising strategy with the Business Development Manager
- Sharing responsibility with the business team for long term goals and being flexible in your work e.g., you may be asked to help with running a stall at an event or take part in a strategy workshop.
- Assisting with report writing and general administration, including answering emails and telephone calls, preparing resources, keeping clear records of spending, and reporting back to manager.
- Publicise activities and events within the centre via social media and other means, with guidance.
- Participate in Fund-raising events, awareness raising of mental health issues e.g. World Mental Health Day, Black History, Heritage and Carers week, Mental Health awareness week etc, and other relevant initiatives.
- To report any health and safety concerns/hazards to the Chief Officer. Completion of the accident report book for accidents and near misses. Ensure the safety and welfare of service users and staff by complying with Health and Safety regulations and adopting safe working practices.
- To take part in handover meetings, team and management review meetings, strategic development days, internal and external quality audits and other meetings as required.
- To participate in regular training and career development opportunities relevant to the post to hone existing skills and broaden knowledge and awareness.
- To adhere to the SACMHFs BS EN ISO 9001: 2015 Quality Management System and aligned Policies and Procedures.
- To participate fully in regular supervision and support sessions and annual appraisal meetings.
What are we looking for?
A good basic level of education or work-related training or working towards a relevant qualification.
Confident Self Starter
Committed and able to dedicate the equivalent of at least 4 -6 hours each week to the role.
Interested in our causes and ethos around Mental Health Illness predominantly within the African and Caribbean community.
Proven written, communication and IT Skills
At least 3 years' experience of grant writing.
At least 3 years' experience of community fundraising
Experience of working in a small charity
Competent with social media and communication tools.
What difference will you make?
Our mission is to provide a range of culturally responsive services for people of African and Caribbean descent who are affected by mental ill health, and the wider community promoting sustainable recovery and wellbeing. Your fundraising activities will help us thrive and make our long term growth sustainable at a critical time
Before you apply
Please provide a cover letter detailing why you are interested in this role and your relevant experience
To provide a range of culturally responsive services for people of African and Caribbean descent who are affected by mental ill health, and the wider community promoting sustainable...