Marketing and Communications Trustee
Join our enthusiastic and committed Board of Trustees, building on your experience to oversee the marketing and communications of the organisation, ensuring the impact of ourwork is clearly communicated to beneficiaries and stakeholders.
What will you be doing?
We need an experienced and enthusiastic marketing and communications trustee to build on our work here at RACC - UK.
The role will support all aspects of marketing and communications for the Charity including writing and creating content, managing social media and digital channels, event publicity, producing marketing collateral, delivering PR and media
You will have at least 2-3 years experience working in a marketing and communications role, with some knowledge of Charity engagement. Youll be passionate and proud of what you do, have a creative can-do approach, and enjoy working collaboratively as well as taking the initiative when needed. Ideally you will have experience of campaigns delivering brand awareness and fundraising goals.
RACC - UK requires strong organisational skills and the ability to engage a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, including corporate sponsors, public sector organisations, and the wider local community. You will need the ability to work independently to tight deadlines, problem solve and prioritise several different initiatives within the Charity.
You will be a skilled communicator with excellent writing skills and a good eye for design. You will also have experience of delivering campaigns across several channels and providing relevant reporting.
You will be reporting to the Chair who will support you. You will also be working closely with the Finance and Business Development Trustee, as well as the beneficiaries.
Whilst the office base is Eynsham, Oxfordshire; the role requires remote working. You will need to be flexible to cover some weekend work and occasionally some evening work for team meetings and projects with our beneficiaries.
The above post will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check. You will also be expected to cover basic Safeguarding Everyone Training. RACC - UK is proud to be recognised as Level 2 of the Disability Confident Scheme, Disability Employer.
What are we looking for?
Knowledge and professional experience
- Proven, successful marketing experience
- Successful experience of managing and maintaining websites, devising and executing online marketing campaigns.
- Successful experience of working across various projects with conflicting deadlines
- Experience in the implementation of marketing and communications strategies and programmes
- Experience of PR and media relations including writing press releases and dealing with the media
- Experience of using CRM systems
- Experience of campaign management and implementation to support brand awareness and/or fundraising goals
- Proficient in using social media marketing & communications across key platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Proven track-record of building strong working relationships with a wide range of people - internally and externally
- Eye for design and ability to produce in-house marketing materials as required
- Experience of drafting news releases and liaising with media to maximise coverage opportunities
- Experience of working in the Charity sector
- Experience of writing briefing information for print media
- Experience of liaising with designers and printers
- Experience of web editing and development
Aptitude and skills
- Ability to write to a high standard
- Ability to see media opportunities in the Charity
- Ability to write interesting and emotive updates to campaign partners and supporters
- Ability to build relationships with local and national media
- Film editing skills (Premiere Pro) is an advantage
- A good standard of computer literacy
- Ability to work well in a team and source information from others
- Excellent interpersonal social skills
Attitudes and behaviours
- Self starter with ability to work on own initiative
- A genuine passion to see RACC - UK succeed in its objectives
- Commitment to work in line with RACC - UKs Values
- Professional appearance
- Satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check
What difference will you make?
- Build on relevant contacts for RACC - UK to include media, influencers and other related parties and people in position to support and work of the Charity.
- Proactively gather information and marketing and PR opportunities and stories from the beneficiaries (e.g., patient experience, learning, sponsorships), ensuring that they are fed into the overall communications plan and shared with the Media & Communications Officer at weekly meetings.
- Assist the Board of Trustees in the production, sign off and distribution of RACC - UKs marketing collateral.
- Manage the Charitys assets bank including the image library and respond to internal and external requests for assets.
- Support sponsor marketing activations through providing approved copy and assets, inputting key messages, and drafting quotes for press releases, ensuring sign off from Media & Communications Officer and ensuring all activity is recorded and file copies received.
- Support the implementation of RACC - UKs PR programme with content creation (including drafting press releases as required), circulation of press releases and sign offs and media liaison.
- Support the Board of Trustees with launch events, photo opportunities and media stunts, as required.
- Utilise project management tools supporting the Media & Communications Officer in planning, tracking, and evaluating all marketing and communications activity.
- Support the Board of Trustees and the wider team on wider RACC - UKs marketing and communications, as required.
Before you apply
- Please apply through Reach Volunteering in the first instance.
- Interviews will be an informal Zoom Chat with other Trustees on the Board.
- Please provide your CV and two referees upon request
To relieve the needs of patients, families and carers affected by Autoinflammatory conditions in the UK by:
(a) Providing information, support and advice.
(b) Raising awareness...