Cranberry gin recipe
1. Make sure the jar/bottle to be used is sterilized before use.
2. Place the frozen cranberries, castor sugar along with the orange zest and vanilla pod in a large bottle. The orange zest/peel can be dried on a cloth in a warm oven or airing cupboard before being added to the bottle – this will intensify the flavour.
3. Pour the gin into the bottle or jar containing the fruit, sugar and vanilla pod, and leave to steep in a cool, dark place for 4 weeks – turn the jar/bottle every 5 days to mix.
4. Strain the gin through a muslin cloth/fine sieve before drinking. The gin should keep well for up to 12 months in the fridge.
5. Serve in glasses with ice, a wedge of lime, and a sprig of rosemary.
Tip: Don’t throw away the cranberries that have been steeped in the gin. These can be used to make a lovely gin and cranberry relish – the recipe for which you can find here.
Do you enjoy getting creative in the kitchen? We are proud to have a hugely talented community on Rest Less, which is why we’re so excited to open up a section of the site dedicated to showcasing delicious food and drink recipes from our members. If you have a recipe that you’d like to share with the Rest Less community – you can do so here.