What is the Rest Less pension calculator?
- How much do I need to save for retirement?
- What will my pension pot be worth?
- How long will my pension pot last?
Calculate your pension
The calculator should be used to give an indication of your future pension growth but not as an exact representation of your position. If you are wanting a more accurate forecast of your pension please consider seeking financial advice. As with all investments, your capital is at risk.
In order to make the pension calculator as easy to use as possible, its outputs and calculations are based on several assumptions. You can read the details of those below.
Growth & projections
- Pre-retirement, your pension pot grows at an average rate of 5% per year (2% for the lower range, 8% for the upper range in the chart)
- Post-retirement, your pension pot only grows at the same rate as inflation (3%)
- Annual inflation is 3% pre-retirement and post-retirement
- Personal contributions receive a 20% top-up from HMRC
- One-off pension contributions receive a 20% top-up from HMRC
- Employer contributions do not receive any top-up
- The sum of your contributions are within your annual allowance
- The sum of your contributions are within your lifetime allowance
- The fee for the management of your pension is 0.6% per year
- Desired annual income after retirement is before tax
- Additional earnings post retirement are before tax