Version 1.5 – 12 May 20120
We care about doing what’s right for our users and value that you choose to spend your time on our website. We recognise that by using our site you place a great deal of trust in us by giving us access to elements your personal data and we work hard to make sure that we meet the high expectations you have of us in this regard.
Our website restless.co.uk is owned and operated by Intrepid Owls Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 11402887 and registered address at Alpha House, 100 Borough High St, London SE1 1LB. Intrepid Owls Ltd acts as a data controller in respect of the personal information that we process about you. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) under registration number ZA461958. You can check our registration on the Data Protection Public Register by visiting the ICO Website.
If you have any questions on what’s in the policy you can email us at [email protected] or write to us at our registered address.
What personal data do we collect?
Information you submit through our website such as:
- Account details – When you create a membership account and provide details such as your name, email address, physical address and telephone number.
- Preferences – when conducting a job search we will store information you provide about the type of opportunities you are interested in and any preferred work locations.
- Uploaded documents – you may choose to upload a CV, some content or some photographs.
- Behavioural use of our website – for example which pages pages you visited and the types of articles you are interested in.
Information through your activity on our website – for example:
- How you use our website and the pages you visit. This could include your searches on restless.co.uk, the titles of jobs you search, click on or apply to, where those jobs are located, salary interest or experience, the general salary range or experience level of the jobs you view, your activity time on the Site and each page, page views, clicks, taps, session activity etc.
- Information about your computer or mobile device such as the browser type, operating system, type of device, MAC address, IP address and the domain name from which you accessed the Site.
Information from social networks or online accounts – Information from any accounts that you share with us.
Sensitive data – There may be times when you give us ‘sensitive’ information, which includes things like your age, ethnic background, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union membership details or health and biometric data. We treat this information very carefully and only use it in strict accordance with the law.
How do we use this information?
We will use your personal information for legitimate interests that we may have. This is when we use personal data for a reason which is believed to be in yours and/or our own interests. Importantly it is only used in a way that doesn’t involve overriding your privacy rights.
By using our Website and providing us with your Personal Information, we understand that you are actively looking for employment or volunteering opportunities. We will therefore use your personal data for our legitimate interests to:
- Provide you with the recruitment and volunteering services that we offer.
- Manage your membership account.
- Communicate with you and to send you personalised, relevant material such as local job alerts, advice and other information related to our recruitment services via email. You can always unsubscribe from receiving these emails at any point by simply clicking the unsubscribe link in the email.
- Inform the marketing we display on our website in order to offer targeted products and services.
- Track, analyse, monitor and improve the overall services we provide.
With your permission, we will make your personal data available to recruiters, employers and volunteering organisations so that they can contact you about opportunities that they think may be relevant to you. You have the ability to choose how much of your personal data is shared with these recruiters and prospective employers through the setting in your membership account.
With your permission, we will also use your personal data to market and communicate non-recruitment related products and services to you via email and other channels. You can always unsubscribe from receiving these at any point by managing the communications preferences in your account.
Who we share your data with
To make sure our products and services run smoothly we may need to share your information with selected third parties. These may include:
- Our employees or anyone who works for us when they need it to do their job.
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors who are necessary in order to offer the services provided by our website.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data (in an aggregated format whereby individuals cannot be individually identified), to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others and to make sure their adverts reach their intended audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website such as Google Analytics.
- Software providers we have contractual agreements with to provide us with communications, database infrastructure and customer support tools that require storage of your data.
- Anyone who you give us explicit permission to share it with.
- Anyone who we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data with in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Intrepid Owls Ltd, our customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will make sure that anyone acting on our behalf only uses your personal information in line with our instructions and that they keep the data safe. We won’t give your personal information to external companies for their own marketing purposes.
Where we store your data
Most information you give us is stored on our secure servers within the EU through our main hosting provider, Amazon Web Services.
This information is also stored securely on servers in either the UK or U.S.A through our provider Google Cloud.
How long we retain your data
The length of time we keep your information will depend on the purpose for which we use it. We will only retain your information for as long as is necessary for those purposes. We will retain your data for as long as you have an account with us. After you close your account, we generally keep personal information for one further year after our last contact with you. However, there may be instances where we need to keep personal information for longer if we believe that there is a legitimate interest in doing so, for example a legal or regulatory requirement.
You have a number of rights with regards to your personal data. After all, it’s your data. Under current legislation you have a right to:
- Be informed about our processing of your personal data
- Request access to your personal data and information about how we process it
- To have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal data completed (the “right to rectification”)
- To have your personal data deleted (the “right to be forgotten”)
- To restrict processing of your personal data
- To move, copy or transfer your personal data (“data portability”)
- To object to the processing of your personal data
- Use rights in relation to automated decision making including profiling
You can find out more information about your rights at the Information Commissioner’s website: www.ico.org.uk
If you would like to exercise any of these rights in relation to your personal data, please email [email protected]restless.co.uk.
Keeping your information up to date
We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that your personal information is accurate. In order to assist us with this, please notify us of any changes to the personal information that you have provided to us by updating your details in your account or by emailing [email protected].
How to make a complaint about our use of your data
If you have a complaint, please contact us by emailing [email protected] and we’ll do our best to fix the problem and ensure it doesn’t happen again.
If you’re not happy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can do this via ico.org.uk/concerns or by writing to: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
In order to provide you with further information about specific topics or product of interest, our website may provide links to other websites, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we cannot accept any responsibility or liability for their use of your personal data. We therefore strongly suggest you check their own Privacy Policies before visiting their websites.
We are required to employ adequate technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal information from any loss, destruction, damage or unlawful disclosure. However, please remember that no transmission over our website can ever be guaranteed as secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information which you transfer via our website.
Changes to this policy
From time to time, we may make changes to this policy due to a change in the nature of our business or to reflect the latest recommendations and best practice in data protection.
Thank you for using restless.co.uk.