If you’re looking for a way to get into the festive spirit, then why not try this delicious winter warmer? Mulled wine is a once a year treat that doesn’t deserve to be missed!
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 1 bottle of red wine
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 whole nutmeg, grated
- 2 star anise
- 3 cloves
- 2 orange, sliced
- 100g brown sugar
…and a partridge in a pear tree
- Put all the ingredients apart from the sugar into a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- When the mixture begins to simmer, add the sugar and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- When the wine is piping hot, strain it into a large heat-proof jug, putting the orange slices to one side.
- Serve in mugs or heat proof glasses. Add an orange slice or two to each mug or glass to serve.
- Enjoy, get warm and soak up that festive feeling….
Do you have a recipe that you’d like to share? Email us at [email protected].