As market leaders Co-op have a reputation for providing a caring, compassionate service when families need it most. In this role you’ll be right at the heart of that service.
As a funeral arranger you’ll build relationships with clients, colleagues and the local community. You’ll support the funeral director as and when you can, but your main focus will be on client services like remembrance and bereavement groups.
And of course, you’ll be there for clients when they need any help, support or advice.
What You’ll Do
- welcome and understand client needs; providing expert guidance and advising on the best services to meet their needs
- be a supportive figure for clients and their families, answering any queries they have and making sure relevant colleagues are made aware of clients’ needs
- book appointments with the funeral director for the arrangement of funerals, taking details from clients and providing a thorough handover to the funeral director
- support the funeral director and wider team with funeral schedules and liaison with third parties
- build strong relationships within the community as the point of contact for local community groups, playing an active part in making a difference for local causes
This Role Would Suit People Who Have:
- customer focus with the passion to understand and deliver against clients’ needs
- the commitment to work as a team and support colleagues in a fast moving and rapidly changing environment
- the ability to build strong relationships and a network in the local community
- high levels of empathy, discretion and care
an appreciation that there’s only one chance to deliver the perfect final tribute
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- attention to detail and the ability to act promptly in a measured and considered way