10 organic lemons washed and dried
1 750ml bottle Vodka – the higher the proof % the better
200g castor sugar
For cloudier lemonade, add:
200g icing sugar
1. Using a knife, or peeler, remove the peel from the lemons with as little of the pith as possible.
2. Place the lemon peel in a large jar or bowl, along with the vodka. Seal/cover and leave for as little as four days or up to one month to infuse – the longer you leave it, the stronger the lemon flavour will be.
3. Place the sugar in a pan along with a small amount of water. Bring to the boil until the sugar is dissolved.
Or for cloudier limoncello…
1. Place the lemon peel, icing sugar, and vodka in a sterilised jar – leave for as little as four days or up to one month to infuse – the longer you use it the stronger the lemon flavour will be.
2. Use a sieve to filter the vodka and remove the lemon peel. Store in the required sterilised bottle until needed.
Storage and serving
Once made the limoncello can be kept chilled for up to one month, or frozen for up to 12 months. Serve chilled.
Do you enjoy getting creative in the kitchen? We are proud to have a hugely talented community on Rest Less. Which is why we’re so excited to open up a section of the site dedicated to showcasing delicious food and drink recipes from our members. If you have a recipe that you’d like to share with the Rest Less community – you can do so here.